Throughout the history of Higher Education, Student Affairs has evolved from a general enforcement of student behavior in and out of the classroom to a more focused effort to develop the growing and changing needs of today's student. Student Affairs is committed to the ideas that student learning does not occur exclusively within the classroom and that the university experience affects students in many different ways. Student Affairs encourages holistic student development by promoting and supporting the emotional, mental, social, and physical wellbeing of students. Student Affairs complements the academic experience by helping students become engaged in the university setting and providing them with resources that help them be successful both in and out of the classroom. Student Affairs professionals create intentional programs, services, and experiences that support student growth and development.
Here at Texas Tech, the areas specifically aligned with Student Affairs include Dean of Students, student conduct, career services, and counseling, student government, student disability and legal services, orientation and new student services, risk intervention and safety education, co-curricular engagement, student leadership development, fraternity and sorority life, LGBTQIA, parent and family relations, peer financial coaching, TTU spirit programs, and Raider Red's Food Pantry.
We are dedicated to the communities we serve and to incorporating the NASPA Principles of Good Practice for Student Affairs set forth by NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education:
- Engages students in active learning.
- Helps students develop coherent values and ethical standards.
- Sets and communicates high expectations for student learning.
- Uses systematic inquiry to improve student and institutional performance.
- Uses resources effectively to achieve institutional missions and goals.
- Forges educational partnerships that advance student learning.
- Builds supportive and inclusive communities.
- Dean of Students
- Center for Campus Life
- Office of LGBTQIA Education & Engagement
- Parent & Family Relations
- Raider Red's Food Pantry
- Risk Intervention & Safety Education
- Student Conduct
- Student Counseling Center
- Student Disability Services
- Student Government Association
- Student Legal Services
- Transition & Engagement
- University Career Center
Upcoming Student Affairs Events
- December 13th, 2019 Weihnachtsfest
- December 13th, 2019 41st Annual Candlelight at the Ranch
- December 14th, 2019 41st Annual Candlelight at the Ranch
- December 23rd, 2019 NRHC Closed for Holidays
- January 20th, 2020 Closed for MLK Holiday
- January 20th, 2020 NRHC Closed for MLK Day
- January 21st, 2020 Red Raider Orientation Crew Info Sessions STARTING NOW!
- January 22nd, 2020 Transfer Ambassador Info Session
- January 22nd, 2020 Red Raider Orientation Crew Info Sessions STARTING NOW!
- January 23rd, 2020 Red Raider Orientation Crew Info Sessions STARTING NOW!
Student Affairs Connection Committee
The Student Affairs Connections Committee was established with the goal of providing social and professional development opportunities for all staff in Student Affairs. Learn More