The Student Engagement graduate assistant position is designed to provide opportunities to develop skills that are transferable to a wide variety of fields including marketing, public relations, event planning, education, and student affairs.
The Student Engagement graduate assistant is responsible for the coordination and implementation of a variety of student programming, including Raider Welcome, Raiders Who Rock, Hub City Fest, Raider Roundup, Transfer Connection, and more. This graduate assistant is responsible for helping the Assistant Director of Student Engagement with the marketing and development of these programs, as well as coordinating the event logistics. Graduate assistants also communicate extensively with students and parents and provide support via phone and email.
1. Program Supervision – Assist with Student Engagement program planning and implementation, and student group support, including weekend and evening hours. Coordinate the pre-event communication and program development for a variety of transition programs.
2.Event Planning – Coordinate departmental events, including leading committee meetings, email marketing, and logistics planning.
3. Program Assessment – Develop and administer program or departmental assessments to provide information on student learning outcomes.
4. Committee Responsibilities – Represent Student Engagement on departmental and Division committees as assigned.
5. Program Support – Participate in the marketing and implementation of all Student Engagement programs, including Transfer Connection, Raider Welcome, Raider Roundup, Majors & Minors Fair, Techspo, and more; including weekend and evening hours.
6. Presentation & Recruitment – Represent Student Engagement at recruiting events, including, but not limited to, presentation of programs and services, table-marketing, etc.
7. Other Duties as Assigned
A bachelor's degree is required and candidates should have previous public relations, student affairs, student activities, or student leadership experience. This position is designed for the individual who is pursuing a Master's degree. At time of employment, candidates must be accepted into a graduate degree program at Texas Tech University. This position is security sensitive. Applicants will be subjected to a police records check. All candidates will be required to submit academic transcripts to verify education.
Graduate Assistants are paid a salary of $14 per hour. Compensation for this position does not include tuition assistance or fee waivers.
Graduate assistants work 20 hours per week during the academic year. Graduate assistants are expected to work all University workdays unless prior arrangements have been made with their supervisor and all job responsibilities are completed. Night and weekend hours are required at various times throughout the year. Applicants for this position may choose whether to work summer only or to continue employment into the fall semester.
While our spring application cycle has closed, we do accept applications on a rolling basis. If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com with the subject line: T&E Graduate Assistant Position.
Contact us at 806.742.2993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.