Personal Financial Planning Department
Are you....a Problem Solver? Analytical? Driven?
Invest in your career by earning the nation's best Personal Financial Planning degrees!
The Personal Financial Planning program at Texas Tech has been selected as the best in the nation in Wealth Management's inaugural ranking. The New York Times says Texas Tech University has "arguably the best undergraduate financial planning program in the country." We have the nation's largest personal financial planning faculty, and our professors are regularly cited in top business publications such as The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Forbes.
Why Personal Financial Planning?
Texas Tech's Personal Financial Planning (PFP) degree prepares you to excel professionally because of its:
- Superior personal financial planning faculty
- You will learn from full-time professors who have specialized experience as professional financial planners. Texas Tech has the nation's largest personal financial planning faculty.
- First-rate internship placements
- The Personal Financial Planning degree provides you with hundreds of hours of paid internship experience. We place interns at the nation's top financial planning firms, with students working in 47 states and nine countries.
- High job placement rates
- Graduates from our Personal Financial Planning degree program have over a 90 percent job placement rate. Employers in the financial services industry heavily recruit Texas Tech graduates because of our financial planning department's reputation for excellence.
- Business degree emphasis
- Our personal financial planning degree includes a strong business foundation, including courses in management, accounting, finance, marketing, and business law.
Texas Tech PFP has been ranked as the #1 financial planning program in the nation by Wealth Management magazine. Our student team recently placed 1st in the nation in the Financial Planning Association's 2020 Financial Planning Challenge. In 2019, Texas Tech PFP brought home a grand slam by winning 1st place in four different national student-lead competitions!
Donna Burt, Lead Academic Advisor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (806) 742-1180 | Office: Human Sciences 159 Schedule an Appointment via Strive
Bachelor of Science in Personal Financial Planning - Our personal financial planning degree includes a strong business foundation.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Personal Financial Planning - You can combine our personal financial planning master's degree with an MBA, law degree, or accounting degree.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Personal Financial Planning - Texas Tech's personal financial planning Ph.D. program enjoys a national reputation for excellence.
Personal Finance (Online)
CFPA® Certification Eligible Minor in Personal Financial Planning
Potential Career Opportunities
Graduates will have excellent preparation for employment at a wide range of financial institutions, including:
- Financial services firms
- Mutual fund companies
- Brokerage firms
- Insurance companies
- Other businesses
Graduates from our Personal Financial Planning degree program have over a 90 percent job placement rate. Our students frequently have multiple job offers waiting for them at graduation!
Majors & Minors Fair
AddressDrane Hall 1st Floor, Box 45020, Lubbock, TX 79409