Become an RRC Counselor
Are you looking for a fast-paced, fun, and exciting summer experience? Join us for two weeks at Red Raider Camp. Red Raider Camp needs your help to lead incoming Red Raiders as they begin their career at Texas Tech. You will help guide them through their transition to Texas Tech by introducing them to the culture, history, and traditions that make Texas Tech unique.
About the Position
- Be a positive representative of Texas Tech University
- Lead small group discussions
- Teach students the History and Traditions of Texas Tech
- Serve as a peer mentor to new students
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Establish connections within the Texas Tech community
- Form lasting relationships with other Red Raider Camp staff members
- Monetary Stipend $$$
- Housing during Red Raider Camp
- Meals during some trainings and Red Raider Camp
- Red Raider Camp apparel
- You must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA during employment.
- You must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with Texas Tech University.
- You must be a full time student in Spring and Fall 2022.
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- You must attend all training and camp sessions.
- You cannot have any other employment or enroll in classes during the Summer II session.
1. Attend an information session. 30-minute information sessions will be held in the Student Union Building.
Fall Information Sessions:
November 9 at 9:30am in SUB Playa Room
November 10 at 12:30pm in SUB Playa Room
November 12 at 11:00am in SUB Brazos Room
November 15 at 2pm in SUB Playa Room
November 16 at 4:30pm in SUB Playa Room
December 14 at 3pm via Zoom
Spring Information Sessions
January 11 at 1:00pm in SUB Playa Room
January 24 at 12:00pm in SUB Playa Room
January 25 at 5:30pm in SUB Playa Room
January 26 at 5:00pm in SUB Playa Room
January 27 at 4:30pm in SUB Playa Room
January 28 at 11:00am in SUB Playa Room
January 31 at 2:30pm in SUB Playa Room
February 1 at 4pm in SUB Playa Room
February 2 at 12:30pm in SUB Playa Room
February 3 at 10:30am in SUB Playa Room
February 4 at 10am in SUB Brazos Room
**Attending an information session is required in order to receive an application.
2. Submit online application.
3. All candidates that have everything turned in on time and meet basic requirements will be asked to come to the Group Interview.
4. Based on the Group Process interviews, select candidates will be invited to an Individual Interview.
Can I take summer courses and be an RRC Staff Member?
Due to the nature of the job, you may not take courses during the Summer II session. As an RRC Staff Member, you will be in Brownwood, Texas the last few weeks of Summer II. However, you may take courses during the Summer I session.
Can I still be an RRC Staff member if my GPA is below a 2.5?
If you personally speak with the Program Manager and can have your GPA at/above a 2.5 by the end of the Spring semester, you may be granted an exception. There is no guarantee.
Do all applicants get invited to the group interview?
Applicants who meet the basic requirements will be invited to the group interview. Basic requirements include submitting a completed application, being a full-time undergraduate student for spring and fall, and meeting the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement.
I cannot come to the group interview, should I still apply?
As this is a special circumstance, you will need to email email@example.com to make arrangements. Don't let not being able to attend the group interview stop you from applying until after communicating with the Program Manager.
Does everyone get an individual interview?
No. Individual interviews are granted based on basic requirements, applications, and the group interview.
Do I have to attend the training sessions?
Yes. Every member of The Red Raider Camp Staff must attend the trainings and weekend trips to Brownwood, Texas. This is your opportunity to get to know the fellow RRC staff members you will be working with at camp and become low ropes course certified.