What to Expect
Though Red Raider Camp will look different this year, our goal is to keep the primary elements of Red Raider Camp, including small group discussion times with new and current students, history and traditions, and team building, all while following safety precautions (described below) to create a safe campus environment.
Red Raider Campers are divided into five color groups (blue, green, orange, purple and yellow) and will be led by 2 color group counselors.
During camp, each color group will spend time getting to know each other through Camp Times and Small Group Activities and will compete against the other color groups! If you have any gear (hats, shoes, shorts, etc.) to show off your color group spirit, be sure to bring it with you to camp.
One week prior to your scheduled Red Raider Camp session, you will receive a reminder email with final important information to help you prepare for camp, including your color group assignment.
These color groups help provide opportunities to make friends and build a support network with the small group and Red Raider Camp Counselors.
At Red Raider Camp you will experience a variety of activities. Each is specifically designed to get you ready for an exciting first year at Texas Tech.
We have a full day of activities planned for you starting with check-in at 8 am until 9:30 pm. You will receive an email with more schedule details one week prior to your Camp date.
Small Group Times
Get to know your small group and get ready for a little friendly competition with the other groups. Your two counselors are experienced Red Raiders ready to answer all your questions.
History & Traditions Skits
Learn the unique history & traditions of Texas Tech and be entertained by the RRC Staff.
Wreck 'em Rally
Here's your chance to get fired up about being the newest Red Raiders!
One of Texas Tech's most honored traditions is it's class ring. You'll receive a ring that symbolizes your completion of camp, just as your senior ring will symbolize your graduation in four short years.
- Camp capacities have been reduced to 75 students per 1-day session.
- All campers will be surveyed of their symptoms 2 days prior to their Red Raider Camp session.
- Health checks will be conducted by Student Health Services upon checking in, and again after lunch.
- Cohorts of 10 students will be emphasized to reduce exposure. The majority of camp activities will be conducted within small groups.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be enforced during all camp activities.
- All students must wear masks upon arrival to Red Raider Camp and for the duration of' Red Raider Camp.
- Camp staff will receive increased training on health and sanitation from Environmental Health Services.