What to Bring
For First Year Students
As you prepare to attend your Red Raider Orientation session, don't forget to bring these important items:
You must bring:
- Twin bed sheets or sleeping bag
- Shower towel & washcloth
- Pool towel
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Swimsuit or athletic clothing for the Rec Center
- Money for meals (except the two meals provided)
- Computer: It may be helpful to bring a laptop computer to assist with advising and class search. Wifi is available for students and guests. (RRO is not responsible for lost or stolen property.)
- eRaider username and password
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities
- Immunization Records for Student Health Services (including MMR and Meningitis vaccines), if not previously submitted.
- Government issued picture ID (driver's license, passport, military ID card). You cannot use your high school ID as proof of identity. If you do not have a government issued ID, please contact your local DPS office to obtain a State ID for $16.00.
- Any documents you may need for Financial Aid
RRO will provide:
- Overnight stay at Hulen/Clement Hall (You must bring your own linens.)
- Two Meals: Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast Day 2
- A drawstring backpack
- Name tag & TTU Lanyard
- TTU Cupanion Water Bottle
- Your first two official Texas Tech University t-shirts
Your TTU email account serves as the university's official form of communication. Check your TTU email regularly because many departments, academic advisors and faculty, as well as other students, will be contacting you before you arrive on campus.
All confirmation and reminder emails about Red Raider Orientation will be sent to
your TTU email address.
Check your email at www.outlook.com by logging in with your TTU email address and eRaider password.
Get Ready to Register for Classes: Holds
An important part of Red Raider Orientation is meeting your academic advisor and registering for classes. However, before you can register for classes during orientation, you must clear any registration holds.
We STRONGLY encourage you to take care of any registration holds you have PRIOR TO your RRO session to help ensure a smooth advising and registration process.
You can take care of all your registration holds (and more) through the Admitted Student Tasklist.