Students who are not actively experiencing symptoms are encouraged to seek free COVID testing at the following locations:
(Make sure to let the testing site know you are a student.)
Rogers Park Gymnasium: 3300 Auburn
Days of Operation: Monday - Saturday
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Combest Community Health & Wellness Center: 301 40th Street
Days of Operation: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Scheduling COVID-19 Testing
Student Health Services can arrange COVID-19 testing for symptomatic students who meet screening criteria.
While awaiting a test or test results, please stay isolated at home and do not go to class, work, or public places!
The cost of COVID-19 testing depends on if the student is insured or uninsured. Typically, insurance will cover the cost of the COVID-19 test if the test is ordered by a Student Health Services provider. Uninsured patients can expect to pay a $40 fee to be tested.
Process Map for COVID-19 Testing
1. Student contacts SHS and is scheduled for a telemedicine visit with a provider.
2. Provider consults with patient and orders COVID-19 testing if testing is clinically indicated.
3. While in the telemedicine visit, Provider contacts the Health Sciences Center COVID-19 Testing Drive-thru to schedule when patient needs to arrive at the line to receive testing. The date and time of COVID-19 test is communicated to patient while patient is still in the telemedicine visit. Students without personal transportation will discuss options with their provider.
4. Student drives to the HSC COVID-19 Testing Drive-Thru at the time of their appointment. The HSC drive-thru is located on the north side (facing 4th st.) of the Health Sciences Center, between the newly built University Center and the original Health Sciences Center. Signage clearly marks the entrance of the line.
5. COVID-19 test results will be communicated to the student by the ordering provider within 24 hours of testing.
6. COVID-19 testing is billed to insurance for insured patients or billed to the student's Student Business Services account if the student is uninsured. The self-pay cost for COVID-19 testing is $40.
Questions about COVID-19?
Contact Student Health Services during normal business hours (M-F, 8-5).
Contact the Texas Tech Physicians' Nurse on Demand for after-hours support.
Dean of Students
If Sick with COVID-19
Directory of Important Phone Numbers
UMC Emergency Department
Covenant Emergency Department
Covenant Health System Testing Line
UMC's COVID-19 Hotline
City of Lubbock Health Department
Questions about Convalescent Serum Donation
South Plans Blood and Tissue