Campus & Community Resources
*Information for the descriptions provided for the departments and services below was taken directly from the "About" section, mission, and/or vision statements published on the websites directly linked for each department/service. (July 2023).
If your group or resource missing from this list, please let us know!
Texas Tech Campus Information
- Interactive Campus Map
- This is an interactive map that will help you become acquainted with the campus, academic buildings, facilities, and other common areas of campus.
- Campus Parking Map
- Parking on campus can be complicated both during the day and after hours. Here you will find information regarding the employee parking as well as a map to where the different parking lots are located across campus.
- Campus Public Transportation
- Citibus provides bus services both on and off-campus. There are routes that are specific to Texas Tech and city-wide routes that run through campus as well. This service provides an alternative to parking on campus for many faculty and students.
- Tech Employee Courtesy Shuttle
- TECS offers free rides to full-time employees across the TTU, HSC, Texas Tech Plaza, and Downtown campuses every weekday when TTU is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Get rides on demand, or schedule a ride from 7 days to 2 hours in advance.
Texas Tech Community Resources
- Skyviews of Texas Tech University Restaurant
- Skyviews of Texas Tech University is a restaurant operated by the Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management (RHIM) program in the College of Human Sciences. Skyviews is set above the treetops on the sixth floor of the Texas Tech Plaza at 19th and University and is almost entirely student-run. The restaurant combines unique, delectable menu offerings with beautiful views of the Texas Tech campus and surrounding neighborhoods to create an unparalleled dining experience for any occasion.
- Texas Tech Athletics
- Texas Tech athletic events are known for being an exciting, electric environment for fans of all ages. From this site, you can learn more about TTU's athletic teams, buy fan gear, and purchase tickets to events.
- Texas Tech Club
- Discover one of the few private clubs located on a university campus in Lubbock, Texas, with panoramic views of Jones AT&T Stadium and downtown. The Club is filled with Red Raiders spirit throughout our restaurant, lounges, casual office spaces and versatile private rooms. Have business lunches and meetings, work outside your office and enjoy our welcoming social events, plus enjoy benefits beyond the Club as part of the ClubCorp family.
- Texas Tech Events Calendar
- The Texas Tech Events Calendar shows campus-wide events for faculty, staff, students, and community members. This site provides a wonderful place to learn more about what happens on and around campus offering multiple opportunities to become involved in Texas Tech and the surround community.
- Texas Tech Traditions
- From the Masked Rider to the Goin' Band from Raiderland, Texas Tech is a university steeped in rich, West Texas traditions, and each one has its own unique story. These unique aspects of our campus culture help create the welcoming atmosphere that characterizes our campus.
- Texas Tech Centennial Celebration
- Celebrate TTU's past and present as the univeristy recognizes 100 years of excellence.
- The Daily Toreador
- The Daily Toreador, Texas Tech's student-run newspaper, publishes Mondays and Thursdays during the fall and spring semesters and Tuesdays during summer sessions.
- TTU Greenhouse & Horticultural Gardens
- The grounds are open from dawn until dusk to enjoy a quick lunch on one of the benches or a stroll along the garden's lush paths. The TTU Plant Resource Database serves as a reference for selecting, identifying, and learning about plants that are well-suited or commonly grown in the West Texas Panhandle.
Texas Tech Apparel & Gear
- Campus Store
- Located in the Student Union Building, the campus store offers a selection of textbooks, computers, course materials, apparel, and supplies.
- Red Raider Outfitter
- Red Raider Outfitter has both the latest styles and exclusive designs in Texas Tech apparel. RRO carries Texas Tech apparel and gear with brands such as Under Armour, Columbia, Nike, Dooney & Bourke, Vera Bradley, and others.
- The Matador
- The Matador is proud to be the Official Gameday Retailer of Texas Tech Athletics. The Matador offers original custom designs that are printed in Lubbock and carries popular brands such as Under Armour, Top of the World, and Champion.
Lubbock Community Resources
- City of Lubbock
- City of Lubbock site connects and all of its departments in one central location to better serve Lubbock community. Here you will find information about city departments, city government and the media.
- Visit Lubbock
- Visit Lubbock is Lubbock's official Convention & Visitors Bureau, charged with increasing the activity of leisure, sports, meeting and convention travel to Lubbock. They have a wealth of information regarding events happening in the Lubbock area as well as information about restaurants, interesting places to visit, and activities to take part in.
- Civic Lubbock
- Civic Lubbock fosters and promotes cultural, educational, and entertainment activities, to include the visual and performing arts, for the citizens of Lubbock and the surrounding area. Civic Lubbock coordinates the continuation of the West Texas Walk of Fame, a place to honor and celebrate the many artists who are from West Texas.
- Citibus is the official public transportation mechanism for the Lubbock community. Bus routes span the city to provide alternatives to driving a personal vehicle.
- Lubbock in the Loop
- A website and email subscription with up-to-date information about economic and social updates in Lubbock. This resource includes a list of dog-friendly businesses, information about prominent local food trucks, and an events calendar.
- Lubbock Public Library
- The city's public libraries offer a variety of events and services that cater to all ages. There are four locations around Lubbock and 24/7 access to their digital branch, which allows you to check-out e-books through Libby.
- Shop Local
- LocalLBK partners with 130+ locally owned and independent businesses to provide you with exclusive rewards and deals.
Family-Friendly Activities & Locations
The Lubbock community provides a wonderful atmosphere for families. Please find information below regarding family-friendly locations around town.
- Adventure Park
- The Adventure Park is similar to an amusement park, with ziplines, climbing towers, mini-golf, bumper boats, go-karts, biking trails, lazer mazes, and an arcade. They offer pricing for individual attractions as well as all-inclusive day-passes and family passes.
- American Windmill Museum
- The mission of the American Windmill Museum as an educational organization is to help diverse audiences explore the ways in which people have used and continue to use their human ingenuity in harnessing the wind to live in varied environments.
- Buddy Holly Center
- Exhibitions and programs reflect the diverse cultural characteristics of the region and encourage interaction between artists and the community. The Center collects, preserves and interprets artifacts relevant to Lubbock's most famous native son, Buddy Holly, as well as to other performing artists and musicians of West Texas. Changing exhibitions in the visual arts provide an arena for celebrating the technical virtuosity and creative talents of fine artists at work in a region distinguished by vast distances and a rich tradition of creative resources.
- Cactus Theater
- The vision for the Cactus remains focused on showcasing top-notch local talent; promoting an expanded offering of regional and national touring acts; and screening classic and independent films on the newly-installed digital projection system. Through the years, Cactus audiences from Lubbock and the surrounding region have enjoyed many live music productions including: Nostalgia Nites, The Cactus Family Christmas Celebration, Girls' Nite Out, The JDs, concerts showcasing America's legendary Big Bands such as The Glenn Miller Orchestra, The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra have been showcased. Texas music legends with Joe Ely, BJ Thomas, Gary Morris, Jerry Jeff Walker, The Maines Brothers Band, and dozens more. Live theater plays and musicals have been offered at the Cactus with productions of Fiddler on the Roof, The Odd Couple, Steel Magnolias, Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story, Always...Patsy Cline, and Honky Tonk Angels. The Cactus has also debuted regional written musical plays including: Holy Rock 'n' Rollers and Heavenly Country.
- First Friday Art Trail
- First Friday Art Trail is a free, self-guided public art happening that has taken Lubbock to the forefront of the Texas art scene. Held predominately in the Lubbock Cultural District, this event brings together collectors, artists and community friends for an evening of art, music and fun. Featuring a variety of art centers, museums, galleries and businesses, First Friday Art Trail offers an ever-changing array of art exhibits in all media. Whether an avid art collector, or a lover of beautiful things, First Friday Art Trail offers something for everyone!
- Lubbock for Kids
- This site provides a wealth of events and information for many areas of family life, including restaurants where kids eat free, information on sports, summer camps, daycares, etc.
- Lubbock Garden & Arts Center
- Provides access to quality cultural arts and education programs, classes, and camps to promote the arts, music.
- Lubbock Lake Landmark
- The Lubbock Lake Landmark is an archaeological preserve containing evidence of peoples on the Southern High Plains for almost 12,000 years. Due to its nearly complete record of human activity within well-stratified and well-dated geological deposits, the Lubbock Lake Landmark is one of the most important archaeological sites in North America. This is a fun area to hike and explore in as well as offering a variety of events and learning experiences for the whole family.
- Lubbock Matadors
- Lubbock's minor league soccer team. The Matador's wrapped up their inagural season as part of the National Premier Soccer League in 2022. Season tickets for the 2023 are on sale now!
- Lubbock Memorial Arboretum
- Located in the heart of Lubbock, The Lubbock Memorial Arboretum is a unique 93 acre open space and historical site located in K.N. Clapp Park. The Arboretum is a Level I Arboretum accredited through the ArbNet Arboretum Accreditation Program.
- Lubbock Moonlight Musicals
- Lubbock Moonlight Musicals provides live community theater set in an outdoor amphitheater offering a unique environment for theater-goers to experience a relaxed atmosphere and dress code, and an open invitation to bring lawn chairs and picnics. They also offer an Academy for students interested in performing in theatre productions.
- Museum of Texas Tech University
- The Museum, free to the public, is a wonderful mix of fine arts, cultural artifacts and natural science, as well as a planetarium. The Museum also offers a variety of events and learning experiences.
- Ranching Heritage Center
- The National Ranching Heritage Center is a museum and outdoor park with 50 historic structures dating back to the 1700's. In addition to the 19-acre historical park, the NRHC has 42 life-size bronze outdoor art pieces and a 44,000-square-foot museum with seven galleries featuring art exhibits, photography and artifacts that capture historical and contemporary Western life. They also provide a variety of special events throughout the year such as Candlelight at the Ranch and Ranch Day.
- Science Spectrum
- Whether you're five or ninety-five, great discoveries await you at the Science Spectrum Museum and OMNI Theater! With well over 250 hands-on interactive science exhibits, Lubbock's only public aquarium, the giant domed screen OMNI Theater or the daily live science shows, it's the perfect place for the Explorer in all of us.
- Silent Wings Museum
- The Silent Wings Museum, a public institution, preserves and promotes the history of the World War II military glider program by creating an environment for collecting, documenting, interpreting and exhibiting artifacts and information for public education and enjoyment.
- Sports Facilities
- For an inclusive list of sports related facilities, please review this brouchure.
- Talkington YWCA at Sun N Fun Aquatics
- The outdoor aquatics center, located at 6204 Elgin Avenue, features zero-depth entry pool, three (3) Jr. Olympic lap lanes, lounge seating, and picnic area with concessions. The outdoor aquatics center is home to our splash pad that features, water slides, foundations, and creative play with water. Their aquatics program offers a breadth of activities that meet the needs of all genders, ages, and fitness levels. From Aqua Tots (mommy & me), swim lessons and lap swim to classes for those suffering from arthritis and orthopedic disabilities, as well as a variety of certification classes.
- Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences
- Opened in January 2021, The Buddy Holly Hall is dedicated to enriching the spirit of those who live in Lubbock and the South Plains through the presentation of the highest quality local, national and international entertainment and arts education.
Local Public School District Information
There are three public school districts housed within the Lubbock Community.
- Frenship Independent School District
- Lubbock Independent School District
- Lubbock-Cooper Independent School District
Local Health/Medical Systems
Lubbock offers a wide variety of medical and health options. There are two primary medical system affiliations within the City of Lubbock and a heart hospital.