Summer Raider Service Break
All Raider Service Breaks are subsidized for TTU students. Which means your total trip fee is already reduced by 40%!
Caprock Canyon State Park
The TTU Summer semesters have ended and what better way to kick off your fall semester than by Serving, Learning, & Traveling with Raider Service Breaks!
- Date of SB: August 16-18, 2019
- Total Trip Fee: $50 (includes $15 application fee)
- Trip Issue: Conservation
- Service Breaks Application Form (OPEN)
Wind and water over the eons shaped the rugged beauty of Caprock Canyons State Park in the Panhandle of Texas. Today, bison roam the plains, bats roost in Clarity Tunnel, and you can explore 90 miles of trails.
Volunteers are vital in helping take care of our state parks and TTU Raider Service Breaks is excited to offer students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to Serve, Learn, and Travel at Caprock Canyon.
Tasks vary and can always change depending on the needs of the organization. Trail & park maintenance and beautification projects (painting, building, signage etc.) are just a couple of tasks that might be asked of you.
You will also have a private tour of the park, its railways, and the Clarity Tunnel bat caves.
Service Breaks participants must be willing to learn, serve, step out of their comfort zones, be flexible, and have fun!
Refunds are only given if Raider Serivce Breaks cannot accommodate you on the trip or if the RSB is canceled.
Participants make a commitment to:
- Attend 1 mandatory pre-trip training.
- These trainings will be scheduled according to each Service Break group's availability.
- Being an active participant during the Raider Service Break trip.
- Including but not limited to: service work, group activities, reflections, blogging, and journaling.
Follow these steps...
- Fill out the Service Breaks Application Form and pay the non-refundable $15 Application Fee.
- This fee goes towards the total cost of your trip and SECURES your spot.
- This fee is you COMMITTING to the Raider Service Break. (If you have questions prior to committing please schedule a meeting with the Raider Service Break Administrator)
- The remaining trip fee of $35 is due on or before July 23rd.
- Once you begin making payments towards your trip these payments are non-refundable.