Texas Tech University Study Abroad
Participate in undergraduate research in different and exciting areas of the world. Learn about more programs by visiting the TTU Study Abroad Program
International Scholarship Opportunity
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
Institute of International Education
The Gilman International Scholarship Program provides awards of up to $5,000 for U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad for up to one academic year. The program aims to diversify the kinds of student who study abroad and the countries and regions where they go. The program serves students who have been under-represented in study abroad which includes but is not limited to: students with high financial need, community college students, students in under-represented fields such as the sciences and engineering, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds, students attending minority-serving institutions, and students with disabilities. The Gilman Program seeks to assist students from a diverse range and type of two-year and four-year public and private institutions from all 50 states.
The Gilman Program is pleased to be able to offer over 1200 scholarships during the Academic Year 2009-2010. Additionally, an increased number of $3000 Critical Need Language Supplements are available for students studying a critical need language for a total possible award of $8000. A list of eligible languages can be found on the Gilman website at http://www.iie.org/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program. There has never been a better time to apply for a Gilman Scholarship!
The Gilman International Scholarship Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education.
- Eligibility: Students must be receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application or during the time they are studying abroad and cannot be studying abroad in a country currently under a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning or in Cuba.
- For more information, full eligibility criteria and the online application visit: http://www.iie.org/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program
Contact for Applicants
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-888-887-5939, ext 25
Contact for Advisors
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-888-887-5939, ext 16