Undergraduate Research Scholarships
Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship
After Dr. Kulkofsky passed away on January 13, 2011 at the age of 30, a scholarship was established in her name by Sarah's family members. The Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship provides scholarship support to Texas Tech University undergraduates engaged in a faculty guided research project. The scholarship award is $500 per student, with equal disbursements in the fall and spring semesters.
Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship for Social Sciences
A second fund was established in 2016 by Mr. Tory Ervin, one of Sarah's research mentees. The Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship for Social Sciences provides scholarship support to Texas Tech University undergraduates engaged in a faculty guided research project in the social sciences. The scholarship award is $500 per student, with equal disbursements in the fall and spring semesters.
Give to the Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship Funds
Individuals who would like to contribute to the Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship or the Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship for Social Sciences Fund can do so by clicking the box below:
The application for the 2019-2020 Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship is NOW CLOSED. Thank you for all of your submissions and good luck!
Applications are reviewed by a committee of TTU faculty and staff. The recipient will be recognized during the annual TTU Undergraduate Research Conference in April 2019.
- Current Texas Tech undergraduate student engaged in a research faculty guided research project in the social sciences.
- Full-time student, as defined by Texas Tech University (TTU)
- In good academic standing with TTU
- Eligible to receive scholarship funding
- The undergraduate student should complete the online scholarship application .
- The faculty member overseeing the applicant's research must email a letter of recommendation to email@example.com .
- The Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky Scholarship selection committee reviews all complete application submissions.
- Decision notifications are sent early March.
PLEASE NOTE: The online application and corresponding letter of recommendation must be received by the Center for Transformative Undergraduate Experiences by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2019. Any applications that do not have a corresponding letter of recommendation will not be considered.
Dr. Sarah Kulkofsky
Sarah Christine Kulkofsky, began working at Texas Tech University as an Assistant Professor of Human Development and Family Studies in 2007. During her time at TTU she excelled in her position and received many accolades. "Dr.K," as students often referred to her, truly loved research and her students, and instilled her thirst for knowledge in them.