The Center is committed to the discovery and advancement of knowledge, creating intellectual and personal development, and stimulating and inspiring meaningful research and service for both faculty and students.
- An inquiry or investigation conducted by an undergraduate student that makes an original intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline.
- An opportunity to learn more about a particular field of interest.
- A chance to test and apply new theories that may solve pressing, real-world problems
- Provides direction & support for undergraduate students interested in conducting research
- Facilitates workshops for students targeted at organizing, conducting, and presenting research, as well as preparing for graduate school & graduate admission testing
- Creates collaborations and dialogues to support faculty, staff, and organizations engaged in undergraduate research initiatives
- Hosts the annual TTU Undergraduate Research Conference, which provides an opportunity for undergraduate researchers to present their research to the campus community
- Recognizes outstanding undergraduate researchers & faculty mentors
- Register with TrUE to receive helpful information and research updates Explore local and national undergraduate research possibilities through the Center's website
- Visit the Center to meet with staff to guide you through the research process
- Determine your research interest and commitment
- Attend the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference each spring to see what research other students are producing
- Enhances student learning through mentoring relationships
- Allows students to explore an understanding of research methodology
- Creates and promotes an innovation-oriented culture
- Provides effective career preparation Increases student retention rates and enrollment in graduate education