Spring Raider Service Breaks
Palo Duro Canyon
Date of Service Break: April 17-19, 2020
Total Trip Fee: $50 (includes $15 application fee)
Trip Issue: Conservation
Ready to Commit to this Spring Service Break?
Follow these steps...
- Fill out the Service Breaks Application Form and pay the non-refundable $15 Application Fee.
- This fee goes towards the total cost of your trip and SECURES your spot.
- This fee is you COMMITTING to the Raider Service Break. (If you have questions prior to committing please schedule a meeting with the Raider Service Break Administrator)
- The remaining trip fee of $35 is due on or before March 2nd.
- Once you begin making payments towards your trip these payments are non-refundable.
Participants make a commitment to:
- Attend 1-2 mandatory pre-trip trainings.
- These trainings will be scheduled according to each Service Break group's availability.
- Being an active participant during the Raider Service Break trip.
- Including but not limited to: service work, group activities, reflections, blogging, and journaling.
Here's your opportunity to volunteer in one of the most beautiful places in Texas: Palo Duro Canyon! Volunteers will be staying at the Gilvin Center, a part of the park not usually open to the public. This pristine area of the park is absolutely stunning, and quite different from what most park visitors get to see. Service projects will help the park to conserve the precious natural and cultural resources of this special place so that we may hand it down to future generations in even better condition than it is in now.
Volunteers are vital in helping take care of our state parks and TTU Raider Service Breaks is excited to offer students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to Serve, Learn, and Travel at Palo Duro Canyon.
Service Breaks participants must be willing to learn, serve, step out of their comfort zones, be flexible, and have fun!
REFUNDS ARE ONLY GIVEN IF RAIDER SERIVCE BREAKS CANNOT ACCOMMODATE YOU ON THE TRIP OR IF THE RSB IS CANCELED.
Make the Most of Your Breaks!
Join Raider Service Break at Palo Duro Canyon for a weekend of SERVICE
If you have questions before signing up please call, email, or set up a meeting with the Raider Service Break Administrator: Jacy Proctor