Complete Your Education
Returning to school after an absence, whether to begin college for the first time, to finish your degree or to change careers, can feel intimidating and overwhelming. Adult students may have different needs and concerns than those who enroll straight from high school.
University Studies can help you plan to complete your degree!
If you haven't already decided on areas of study, this should be your degree-completion plan's launching point. To help define your goals, you may want to try personality or career-counseling tests such as the Strong Interest Inventory, the Career Assessment Inventory or the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook and CareerOneStop are solid resources that track employment trends, earning information, and educational and training requirements for various occupations.
Pick a Program that Meets Your Needs
University Studies is an interdisciplinary program that allows you to customize your degree program. Whether you are an existing TTU student or are interested in transferring from a different institution, our advising staff can work with you on using existing credits to customize your program with us. University Studies has more than 150 different areas of concentration to help you craft a flexible degree program that interests you. A few popular areas are below:
|Human Resource Development||Media Strategies||Dance|
|Legal Studies||Mexican American Latina/o Studies||Theatre Arts|
|Organizational Leadership||Integrative Studies in Healthcare Organizations||Art History|
|Agricultural Leadership||Family Life Studies||Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies|
|General Business||Computing Applications||Human Development and Family Studies|
|Engineering||Integrative Studies||Women's and Gender Studies|
After outlining your priorities - and collecting all of your transcripts and other relevant information - set up an appointment with the admissions office of the college you are considering. This is the best way to get definitive answers on how to complete your degree.
Lean on an Admissions "Counselor" or Academic Advisor
Our academic advising staff will be able to help you create a flexible degree-completion plan for on-time graduation!
Advisors can also tell you whether you qualify to take exams to "test out" of certain requirements, help you enroll in preliminary courses at a lower-cost community college, and offer Winter, May, or Fall intersession courses to help expedite your graduation plan. You also want to keep in mind the importance of setting up a schedule and workload that is manageable with your current job and/or personal obligations.
A degree-completion plan has the added benefit of being a visual reminder of your progress if you hit a rough patch or feel overwhelmed. It's a tangible indication of where you are on your educational journey, how far you've come and how close you are to meeting your goals.
And when your plan is complete and you've checked all the boxes for graduation, hold onto it. In addition to reminding you of all the hard work you put in, the plan can live on as an easy reference for when you apply for jobs, discuss promotions or explore other educational opportunities.
At the end of the day, a degree-completion plan is proof of your commitment to making yourself better, so don't be shy - aim high, become a Red Raider for life!
- University Studies alumni have an average debt of $17,111, which is much lower than the national average of $38,000 per student.
- Texas Tech University's tuition is $6,576 per year for in-state residents. This is 9% cheaper than the national average public four-year tuition of $7, 203.
- Complete your degree on your own schedule.
- Work from anywhere, or at a Regional Site.
- Access student support and any resource online, 24/7.
- Our 2018-2019 graduating classes had a 93% employment rate at graduation!
- Consistently over four years, almost half of our students plan to continue their education after their bachelor's degree.
- Faculty Knowledge, Faculty Research Used in Class, and Helpfulness in our faculty and staff are the highest ratings of academic satisfaction by our alumni!
- 85% of our students are employed while attending college.
- Over 71% of our students work more than 30 hours per week!
Go Back to School at Texas Tech University
Ready to complete your degree?
Request more information about University Studies Academic Programs at email@example.com!