- Applicants must be residents of Texas or New Mexico. Less than 10% of the class will consist of New Mexico residents.
Minimum Academic Requirements
- At least 2 years of full time post-secondary instruction and 48 semester credits from a regionally accredited college or university by the end of Spring Semester prior to enrollment.
- Minimum overall 2.9 GPA or higher in all coursework; minimum 2.9 science GPA or higher.
Graduate Record Examination
- The TTU SVM will not require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- There is not a minimum number of hours required for animal or veterinary experience. We recommend that applicants be exposed to a variety of veterinary careers and animal species prior to application. This will aid in obtaining a quality evaluation (TMDSAS Evaluation Form) and inform the applicant about the profession.
- Three Applicant Evaluation Forms, available from TMDSAS, are required. One evaluation must be completed by a veterinarian.
- Students must receive a C or higher grade in all required coursework.
- Pre-requisites courses must be completed within the last 10 years prior to admissions. Exceptions to this may be considered on a case by case basis based on a holistic review of other coursework or experiences by the Admissions Committee.
- Courses must be completed at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Coursework may be in progress or planned at the time of application, but must be completed by the end of spring semester of the year of matriculation.
- Advanced placement credits must appear on college transcripts in order to be counted toward required credits. They must have a specific subject title, number, and credits listed to be accepted.
|TTU-SVM Prerequisite||Semester Credits|
|General Biology||4||Lecture & Lab|
|General Microbiology||4||Lecture & Lab|
|Inorganic Chemistry||8||Lecture & Lab|
|Organic Chemistry||4||Lecture & Lab|
|Physics||4||Lecture & Lab|