All applicants must be Texas or New Mexico residents. Applicant evaluation forms must be received by TMDSAS by the closing date for applications. Applicants can check the TMDSAS website via the “Check Status” tab for receipt of documents.
Application deadlines must be followed. No exceptions will be made to these deadlines.
- Applicants must submit an application and applicant evaluation forms through the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service
(TMDSAS). Applications will open May 1, 2023 and will close on September 18, 2023.
- Tip: TMDSAS can take up to 6 weeks to process an application to Texas Tech University
School of Veterinary Medicine. We encourage applicants to submit when ready to allow
for enough time to complete the secondary application.
- An invitation to complete the School of Veterinary Medicine's Secondary Application will be sent to candidates via email once they complete their TMDSAS application and after meeting the School of Veterinary Medicine's admission requirements. It is expected that the secondary applications will open on May 15, 2023 at 8am CDT. Once the candidate is invited to begin their secondary application, they will have until October 13, 2023 at 5pm CDT to complete/submit the application.
- Official transcripts must be submitted to TMDSAS via the mechanisms in their official handbook.
- TMDSAS Application: September 18, 2023, 5:00pm CDT
- School of Veterinary Medicine Secondary Application: Opens May 15, 2023 at 8:00AM CT and Closes October 13, 2023 at 5:00PM CT.
- TMDSAS fee – Submit your application $200 fee through TMDSAS. Please refer to TMDSAS website for due dates for payment of fees by credit card, cashier's check, money order, or electronic funds transfer.
- School of Veterinary Medicine fee – Your secondary application fee of $75 will be submitted through the School of Veterinary Medicineapplication website. This will only be for those who are invited to submit secondary applications.
School of Veterinary Medicine
Address7671 Evans Drive, Amarillo, Texas 79106