Veterinary Research Scholars Program
Texas Tech University (TTU) School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM) Veterinary Research Scholars Program (VRSP) is an intensive‐research training program for veterinary students in promoting research excellence. Our program will provide high quality and relevant science concepts through a weekly journal club and seminars while strengthening critical thinking, leadership, and communication through hypothesis‐driven research projects and oral presentations. Research is an essential aspect of the TTU SVM and is the core of this program. TTU SVM has over 36 faculty researchers housed in the School of Veterinary Medicine.
Through a supportive, mentored research experience in an established laboratory and through seminars and discussion groups on careers in science, it is hoped that veterinary students will gain an insight on career opportunities in biomedical research.
Veterinary students in their first or second year of veterinary school are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be matched with established mentors based on research interest. The goal is to expose veterinary students to critical thinking processes inherent to hypothesis-driven research activities and subsequently meet the national needs in the field of veterinary medicine.
Period of this program occurs from May 23, 2022 to July 29, 2022. National conference is the first week of August at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete a 10-week research project during the summer term under the guidance of an approved research faculty mentor:
- A full time commitment of 40 hours/week over the summer
- $5,000 stipend for 10 weeks
- Daily / weekly schedules are determined by the mentors and will vary among laboratories.
- Weekly lecture
- Symposium August 4-6th - University of Minnesota
- Deadline: February 7, 2022
- Review of application: March 4, 2022
- Award notification: March 14, 2022
- Program start date: May 23, 2022
- Program end date: July 29, 2022
- National Conference: August 4-6th