President’s Excellence in Commercialization Award
The intent of this award is to recognize outstanding contributions to the commercialization of innovative work conducted by Texas Tech University faculty. The award shall consist of a $5,000 cash gift and a framed certificate. Each year in which a suitable recipient is identified, the award shall be presented at the President's Excellence Awards Luncheon and at the Faculty Honors Convocation.
Eligibility is limited to faculty members who at the time of their nomination have been in tenured or tenure-track positions at Texas Tech University. The entire body of work used in the application must have been carried out at Texas Tech University. An individual may receive this award only once in their career.
Recipients will be individuals who have achieved recognition for work done at Texas Tech as judged by one or more of the following measures:
- If applicable, demonstration of a tangible impact on quality of life, economic development, and the welfare of society.
- If applicable, exceptional contributions to innovation in areas such as patents, licensing, innovative discovery and technology development.
- If applicable, nominee is a named inventor on at least one provisional patent with submission of an application for a full patent to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- If applicable, holder of at least one registered trademark.
- If applicable, substantial IP development protected through Trade Secrets or common law copyright will be considered.
2017 Awardee: John Schroeder, College of Arts and Sciences, Geosciences; 2016 Awardee: S. Ramkumar, College of Arts and Sciences, Environmental Toxicology; 2015 Awardee Brian Still, College of Arts and Sciences, English