To assist faculty in securing competitive research funding, the OVPR has created a number of internal support programs:
- Presidents' Collaborative Research Initiative
- Proposal Support Program
- Proposal Review Program
- Scholarship Catalyst Program (SCP)
- Open Access Publication Initiative
- Seed Grant for Interdisciplinary Research (SGIR)
- Transdisciplinary Research Academy
Proposal Development Assistance
The OVPR offers a variety of resources and learning opportunities to assist faculty in preparing successful research proposals. See the Faculty Development website for proposal development resources.
To assist faculty in finding research funding, Texas Tech has partnered with COS/Pivot, the most comprehensive source of global funding opportunities. For help setting up your Pivot profile, please contact the Research Development Team.
Federal, state and private funding agencies occasionally limit the number of proposals and/or applications submitted by an organization in response to a given funding opportunity. These funding opportunities can be found on the Limited Submissions webpage.
Federal Funding Opportunities
- NSF Opportunities
- NIH Opportunities
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Office of Naval Research
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- Army Research Office
- Department of Energy
- Environmental Protection Agency