Applications are now closed for the 2018 iLaunch Competition.
iLaunch is a competition for the next big idea. Students and entrepreneurs must submit an application to the program. The competition provides a $10,000 award to the winner. The competition is hosted at The Hub once a year. Participants receive mentoring, templates for business plan and pitch deck. It's recommended that interested parties attend Hub Camp to increase chances of winning the iLaunch competition.
Application Requirements, At-A-Glance
- A written business plan (including an executive summary)
- A pitch (presentation) deck based on the competition rules and guidelines
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- All Finalist are REQUIRED to attend Pitch Scrubs and Tech Check Day.
How to Get Started
To get started, an important first step is to establish one member of the team as a dependable startup "captain" to manage all communications and logistics for the company and correspondence with Hub staff.
- Print and review rules and guidelines
- Create a profile and finish the application
- Upload Requirements: resume, one-page executive summary, business plan, three letters of recommendation, presentation/pitch deck
- Download templates and meet a Hub mentor/advisor
- Visit the hub for upcoming information to learn the competition basics, how to write
your business plan, or advice on next steps. The hub and other resources offer the
following to help you prepare for the competition:
- Hub Camp
- See the Hub website for templates
- Review the Hub schedule regularly for upcoming events, networking, and seminars
- Schedule a meeting with a Hub Mentor early