Announcements | Call for Papers
February 6, 2015: Call for Papers/Proposals for the 31st Annual Conference on The Advancement of Women, which will take place on the campus of Texas Tech University, Friday, April 16-18, 2015.
We invite papers and panel proposals that explore the manifold meanings of movement and change as connected to, created by, and/or caught up in the presence of women's, gender, and identity issues, in both contemporary and historical frameworks. Interdisciplinary proposals, as well as those from the disciplines and specialty subject areas across the Texas Tech University campus, are welcome.
We will be happy to consider proposals from the professional schools and the administrative offices, as well as those from scholarly areas where women have been historically under-represented, including mathematics, the agricultural and natural sciences, and technology and applied sciences.
We also invite students, staff and faculty members in the social and behavioral sciences, the visual and performing arts, the communications fields, and the humanities to present their research.
The Program Committee also issues a special invitation to interested parties from other colleges and universities, including Lubbock-area institutions, Angelo State University, and other institutions in the Southwest to present, to participate, and/or to attend this conference. Faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students are all invited to share their work, in the form of research findings, group or single-author projects, and works-in-progress in paper.
For more information view the web site at:
Note: for other news related to Women's & Gender Studies visit H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences Online - H-Net is an interdisciplinary organization of scholars dedicated to developing the enormous educational potential of the Internet and the World Wide Web.
Calls with Open Deadline
- NWSA Journal Editors: Becky Ropers-Huilman
- Historical Encyclopedia of Women's Reproductive Lives: From Ancient to Modern Editors: Sharmain van Blommestein
- Journal of International Women's Studies Editors: Diana Fox, Executive Editor Suzanne Baker, Book Review Editor
- Women's Studies International Forum Editors: Christine Zmroczek, Editor in Chief Denise Roman, European Editor
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS “BEST BI SHORT STORIES” Editors: Sheela Lambert
- Qui Parle Editors: Diana Anders, Nima Bassiri, Michelle Branch, Kelvin Black, Peter Skafis
- Journal of American Culture Theme Issue: The Greening -- or not -- of America – Editors: Jane Caputi and Suzanne Kelly
- Making Connections: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cultural Diversity Editors: Betina Entzminger
- American Journalism, a quarterly journal sponsored by the American Journalism Historians Association Editors: Barbara Friedman, University of North Carolina
Conferences of Interest
- National Women's Studies Association, The 2012 Conference: Feminism Unbound: Imagining a Feminist Future will be held November 8 - 11, 2012 in Oakland, CA.
- National Young Feminist Leadership Conference the 2012 National Young Feminist Leadership Conference will focus on the impact young women have when it comes to domestic and global issues and will be held March 31 and April 1, 2012 Washington, DC.