What is One Billion Rising?
STRIKE | DANCE | RISE
ONE BILLION RISING began as a call to action based on the staggering statistic that 1 in 3 women on the planet will be beaten or raped during her lifetime. With the world population at 7 billion, this adds up to more than ONE BILLION WOMEN AND GIRLS.
- February 14, 2018 | One Billion Rising | DOAK Hall 123 | 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Download the template and tell us why you RISE
- Post your photo using the hashtag #OBRTexasTech
- Watch and learn: Debbie Allen Teaches "Break the Chain" Dance
- Watch: One Billion Rising: Eve Ensler & Kimberle Crensha on Global Movement to End Violence Against Women
- Watch: **Trigger Warning** - One Billion Rising (Short Film)
- Watch: "Break the Chain" - Song & Video
Use the hashtag #OBRTexasTech when posting pictures and videos or just to make a comment on Facebook and Twitter
Crossing the Line: Sexual Harassment at School
Based on findings from a nationally representative survey conducted in May and June, 2011, this report presents the most comprehensive research to date on sexual harassment in grades 7-12 and reveals some sobering statistics about the prevalence of sexual harassment and the negative impact it has on students' education. - American Association of University Women
Hollaback! is a movement dedicated to ending street harassment using mobile technology. Street harassment is one of the most pervasive forms of gender-based violence and one of the least legislated against. Comments from “You'd look good on me” to groping, flashing and assault are a daily, global reality for women and LGBTQ individuals. But it is rarely reported, and it's culturally accepted as ‘the price you pay' for being a woman or for being gay. At Hollaback!, we don't buy it.
Circle of 6
Circle of 6 is a project of Tech 4 Good, LLC. Tech 4 Good, LLC. is a human rights mobile start-up. Bringing our experience with youth culture, storytelling, code and design we develop engaging tools and campaigns to support a culture of connectivity and accountability.