Women's Studies and Doctoral Degrees
What do we offer?
The Women's & Gender Studies does not currently offer a PhD but:
- 15 hours of Women's Studies graduate coursework can qualify as a minor field. If so, WGS must be included in the qualifying examination and must be represented on the student's doctoral committee, as appointed by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Individual Women's Studies graduate courses may be included in the coursework required for the major field, upon approval by the research advisor.
- Graduate Courses (See TTU Catalog)
Requirements include these courses:
- WS 5360 Foundations of Women's thought
- WS 5310 Feminist Thought and Theories
Requirements also can include electives approved by the Advisor of the WGS. These electives may include but are not limited to:
*WS 5000 Practicum in Women's Studies
*WS 5300 Directed Studies
*WS 5340 Special Topics in Women's Studies
* Other electives: WGS Graduate Courses
* Note: With approval by the Graduate Advisor of the Women's & Gender Studies.
Contact the Director to discuss your plan of action when registering for courses.