Women's Studies and Master Interdisciplinary Studies
Did You Know?
Individual Women's and Gender Studies graduate courses might also be approved by major departments toward the coursework requirements of other interdisciplinary graduate degree programs. These include Ethnic Studies, Comparative Literature, and Fine Arts. Consult your graduate advisor to find out more.
- Of 3 subject areas, one can be Women's Studies.
- 36 hour non-thesis option: maximum 12 hours in WS prefix or WS approved graduate courses; Students select exam or portfolio review
- Thesis option (24 hours plus 6 hours of IS 6000)
- Faculty committee organized by Graduate School can include Women's Studies affiliated faculty
Requirements include these courses:
- WS 5360 Foundations of Women's Studies
- WS 5310 Feminist Thought and Theories
Requirements also can include electives approved by the Advisor of the Women's & Gender Studies. These electives may include but are not limited to:
*WS 5000 Practicum in Women's Studies
*WS 5300 Directed Studies
*WS 5340 Special Topics in Women's Studies
* Other electives:Women's Studies Graduate Courses
* Note: With approval by the Graduate Advisor of the Women's & Gender Studies.
Contact the Director to discuss your plan of action when registering for courses.