With Blackboard Collaborate, students and instructors can engage in synchronous learning, helping you create virtual classrooms and spaces that open more possibilities to students, wherever they are.
Instructors: Getting Started Using Blackboard Collaborate
- Step 1: Add the Blackboard Collaborate tool to the Course Menu in your Blackboard course.
- Step 2: Once you have added Blackboard Collaborate to your Course Menu, you will want to create a new Blackboard Collaborate session for each planned synchronous session during the semester where the students will join you for synchronous learning.
Instructors and Students: Joining a Blackboard Collaborate Session
- Step 1: Blackboard Collaborate requires the installation of the Launcher program on your computer. You must have administrator rights to the computer prior to installing the program, or contact the administrator to install the program for you.
- Step 2: Access the Blackboard Collaborate session scheduled by the instructor on the date and time set up for the synchronous session. The instructor may also choose to record the session at the time, allowing students to view the pre-recorded session at a later time.
Instructors: Navigating Blackboard Collaborate
- View detailed information about navigating inside Collaborate once you have started the session.
TTU Worldwide eLearning
Address:Texas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
Phone:Office (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537
Connect With Us:Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram