Texas Tech Worldwide eLearning
Resources for Faculty Transitioning to
Recent changes in our TTU community due to COVID-19 have resulted in transitioning to online classes for all TTU students beginning March 30. Faculty can follow the steps below to quickly transition their face-to-face classes to online classes.
- Access your Blackboard course shell.
- Upload your syllabus into Blackboard.
- Post your PowerPoint presentations, lecture notes, and/or other instructional materials in Blackboard.
- Post discussion questions in Blackboard to continue your face-to-face conversations.
- Communicate with your students using Announcements, Course Messages, and Email in Blackboard.
- Use Bb Collaborate Ultra to hold live virtual sessions with students. You can access Blackboard Collaborate Ultra from your Blackboard shell.
- Simple quizzes and assignments where students can upload work could all be helpful as you temporarily teach at a distance. Training and support documents for developing assignments and quizzes are also available.
- Be flexible and patient. This may be the first time both you and your students are using Blackboard for course assignments.
Contact Us For Help
Contact eLearning at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. An instructional designer can serve as your point of contact, guide you through this process, or direct you to others who can assist. We are here to help you through this transition.
Blackboard Basics for Emergencies
Collaborate Ultra in a Blackboard Course
Online Assessment Basics For Emergencies
For StudentsOnline Student TTU Resources
Many resources have been made available by other members of our community, to those
affected by the transition to
online learning. Visit the pages below to learn more about these resources for students.
Barnes & Noble - bartelby
(self-tutoring and writing services)
Barnes & Noble joined VitalSource
(free access to eTextbooks)
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537