Online Teaching Resources
Online instruction has grown significantly as a proven teaching and learning strategy and with the recent COVID-19 pandemic, it is even more important and relevant for us to consider best practices and strategies for online instruction. This page includes general resources that focus primarily on online instruction and course development. The TLPDC staff are welcome conversations with you regarding online teaching and strategies for engaging your students. We also encourage you to visit the TTU eLearning page for additional information on instructional resources, Blackboard, and the Instructional Design Team. Additionally, we have another collection of resources specifically aimed at our shift to remote teaching due to COVID-19 in Spring, 2020. This page will continue to be updated with appropriate resources related to teaching in the pandemic.
For information specifically related to strategies for working through a disrupted teaching environment and remote teaching, please visit the TLPDC's COVID-19 webpage. This page will continue to be updated with appropriate resources related to teaching in the pandemic.
Online Teaching Strategies
TLPDC Quick Tip Sheets
- Feedback Fruits Tip Sheet
- Mediasite Tutorial Tip Sheet
- Tip sheet for 3 of the many tools provided in the Microsoft Office 365 product.
- How to insert a video hosted on YouTube or Vimeo into an "Item" in Blackboard.
- Student engagement in hybrid/online learning environments Tip Sheet
- Gamification for Education Tip Sheet
- How to Integrate Video into Blackboard
- Live Presentation Subtitles in PowerPoint
- Quick Tip Sheet for Copyright
- How To Use Google Jamboard
Other Online Teaching Strategies
- Online Testing Strategies
- Teaching Consultations
- Creating a Syllabus for Fall, 2020
- Experiential/Service Learning Online
- Accessibility and Compliance
- Online Discussion
- Rubrics for Online Discussion
- Skype for Business Recording Instructions
- Advice from Teaching Academy Members for Remote/Online Learning
- Online Teaching: Tips for Engaging Students Synchronously and Asynchronously
- Attendance Strategies
- Definitions of Teaching Modalities
- TLPDC YouTube
- Our YouTube channel is filled with tips and suggestions on how to elevate your courses.