The Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching Award
This application is now closed. Please check back in Fall 2024 for information and the online application link.
The Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching Award is designed to recognize members of the Texas Tech University faculty for teaching excellence, as evidenced by their attainment of distinction both within and beyond the institution for outstanding teaching and outstanding contributions related to excellence in teaching. This award will be presented to up to four recipients per academic year. The awards will be accompanied by a cash prize of $5,000 each.
- Nomination Coversheet
- Nomination Packet (not to exceed 20 pages)
- Dean's cover letter highlighting nominee's professional achievements related to teaching.
- Curriculum vitae emphasizing teaching contributions
- Internal supporting letters from colleagues, focusing on the criteria for this award (no fewer than 1 letter and no more than 3 letters).
- External supporting letters from colleagues, focusing on the criteria for this award (no fewer than 1 letter and no more than 3 letters).
- Supporting letters from current and/or former students, focusing on the criteria for this award (no fewer than 1 letter and no more than 3 letters).
- Numerical summary scores from student evaluations (not to exceed 1 page - raw data should not be included).
- Optional support materials: To include pertinent documentation of distinguished excellence in teaching. This should be organized clearly and concisely and should include such information that demonstrates precisely why the nominee is outstanding, including, but not limited to, written verification such as a course syllabus, quotes from student evaluations, etc. (not to exceed 4 pages).
- Letters may NOT be included as optional materials.