Melanie Hart, Ph.D.
Interim Chair and Associate Dean in the College of Arts and Sciences
Exercise & Sport Sciences, Rm 140
Holden Hall, Rm 202D
Texas Tech University
Lubbock TX 79409-3011 USA
1997 — Ph.D., Motor Behavior, Auburn University
1992 — M.Ed., Scientific Bases of Exercise and Human Performance, Texas Tech University
1981 — B.S., Secondary Education Major (Mathematics and Physical Education specializations),Texas Tech University
ESS 5315 Research Methods in Exercise and Sport Sciences
- 2008 — Texas Tech University Teaching Academy - Member
- Faculty Academic Contributions Exhibit (April 2006). Meaney, K.S., Griffin, K., & Hart, M.A. (2005). The effect of model similarity on girls - motor performance. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 24, 165-178.
- Outstanding Faculty Member (August 2005, December 2005, May 2006) - College of Arts and Sciences Graduating Seniors Survey
- "Research Consortium Poster Social: Sharing Research Across the HPERD Disciplines," which includes the most highly rated research being presented in poster format in each of the areas considered by the Research Consortium Hart, M.A., & Bixby, W.R. (April 2005). EEG activation patterns during participation in a cup-stacking task. AAHPERD, Chicago, IL
- Fellow - Research Consortium of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi - National Honor Society