Mission & Value
The United Future Leaders program develops young leaders who impact the individual, peer, and social culture of their community through ongoing program participation.
United Future Leaders promotes qualities such as civility, ethics, and leadership empowering students to "Take it Out to the World" through service, mentoring, and relationship building.
Civility, Ethics & Leadership are the foundational concepts of United Future leaders. The following themes are the building blocks that support individual growth and self-awareness among our participants.
- Physical Safety- I am safe
- Emotional Security- I know my feelings & honor them
- Identity- How I see myself & how others see me
- Belonging- I belong
- Competence- I have abilities
- Mission & Purpose- I have direction & purpose
- Service- I help others, expecting nothing in return
- Civility- I treat others as I would want them to treat me
- Ethics- I do the right thing when no one is looking
- Leadership- I bring out the best in myself & others
- 2014-2015 Academic Year - Record 5th and 6th grade enrollment at 240 students served on a weekly basis.
- December 2014 - Record attendance at 6th Grade Celebration Banquet with 260 students and families present.
- December 2014 - Record attendance at 5th Annual Holiday Service Project at Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest with 50 UFL Ambassadors present.
Take it out to the world
- December - 5th Annual Holiday Service Project at RMHC - UFL Ambassador Service Event
- January - UFL 5th grade program delivery resumes for the spring semester.
- March - UFL 5th Grade Climbing Leaders Teambuilding Event and Parent Meeting
- April 18th - Global Youth Service Day with the Volunteer Center of Lubbock
- May - Special Olympics Texas Spring Games - UFL Ambassador Service Event