United Future Leaders
The United Future Leaders program develops young leaders who impact the individual, peer, and social culture of their community through ongoing program participation.
UFL promotes qualities such as civility, ethics, and leadership empowering students to "Take it Out to the World" through service, mentoring, and relationship building.
Civility, Ethics & Leadership are the foundational concepts of United Future leaders. The following themes are the building blocks that support individual growth and self-awareness among our participants.
- Physical Safety- I am safe
- Emotional Security- I know my feelings & honor them
- Identity- How I see myself & how others see me
- Belonging- I belong
- Competence- I have abilities
- Mission & Purpose- I have direction & purpose
- Service- I help others, expecting nothing in return
- Civility- I treat others as I would want them to treat me
- Ethics- I do the right thing when no one is looking
- Leadership- I bring out the best in myself & others
- Approximately UFLAmbassadors, parents, and staff served at the Special Olympics Spring Games in April.
- UFL is proud to announce the addition of a new host campus site for the 5th grade after school program! Welcome LISD Maedgen Elementary!
- Registration for the 5th and 6th grade after school program in 2016-2017 is currently underway! Contact the UFL staff if you are interested in enrolling your student!
Take it out to the World
- July 28th—UFL "THINK TANK" Event—TTU Campus—Help us pilot new UFL activities, while interacting with your fellow leaders!
- August 9th—UFL Ambassador Service Summit—Includes service-leadership development sessions, team building activities, and service project benefitting Grace Campus.
- August 9-18—5th Annual UFL Ambassador School Supply Drive benefitting the Children's Home of Lubbock. Contact us to make your donation of new school supplies and gently used/new backpacks!