Mission & Value
The United Future Leaders program develops young leaders who impact the individual, peer, and social culture of their community through ongoing program participation.
United Future Leaders promotes qualities such as civility, ethics, and leadership empowering students to "Take it Out to the World" through service, mentoring, and relationship building.
Civility, Ethics & Leadership are the foundational concepts of United Future leaders. The following themes are the building blocks that support individual growth and self-awareness among our participants.
- Physical Safety- I am safe
- Emotional Security- I know my feelings & honor them
- Identity- How I see myself & how others see me
- Belonging- I belong
- Competence- I have abilities
- Mission & Purpose- I have direction & purpose
- Service- I help others, expecting nothing in return
- Civility- I treat others as I would want them to treat me
- Ethics- I do the right thing when no one is looking
- Leadership- I bring out the best in myself & others
- 2011 Youth Group, Get Involved Award
- 2010 National Middle School Association (NMSA) Team That Makes a Difference
- 2012 National Middle School Association Team That Makes a Difference
Take it out to the world
- Spring Teambuilding - 5th and 6th students and parents
- UFL Staff will present at the Youth Development Initiative (YDI) Conference in April 2013
- Staff will present at the American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) National Conference in June 2013