United Future Leaders
The United Future Leaders program develops young leaders who impact the individual,
peer, and social culture of their community through ongoing program participation.
UFL promotes qualities such as civility, ethics, and leadership empowering students
to "Take it Out to the World" through service, mentoring, and relationship building.
Civility, Ethics & Leadership are the foundational concepts of United Future leaders. The following themes are
the building blocks that support individual growth and self-awareness among our participants.
- Physical Safety- I am safe
- Emotional Security- I know my feelings & honor them
- Identity- How I see myself & how others see me
- Belonging- I belong
- Competence- I have abilities
- Mission & Purpose- I have direction & purpose
- Service- I help others, expecting nothing in return
- Civility- I treat others as I would want them to treat me
- Ethics- I do the right thing when no one is looking
- Leadership- I bring out the best in myself & others
- The UFL program celebrated the two-year commitment of 90 6th grade leaders from Lubbock,
Shallowater and Brownfield in December 2015. These students will continue participation
in the program through the UFL Ambassador program.
- Approximately 40 UFL Ambassadors, parents and staff served the residents at Carillon
- The UFL staff are currently organizing the 1st Annual UFL Ambassador Leadership Conference
for UFL students and parents to be held in the College of Human Sciences on January
- The UFL 5th grade after school programming will resume the last week of January for
the remaining 8 sessions with over 150 young leaders.
Take it out to the World
- February 6th – UFL Ambassador Winter Service Event – Ronald McDonald House Charities
of the Southwest
- April 30th – UFL Ambassador Spring Service Event – Special Olympics Area 17 Spring