Are you able to work with people?
Do you have what it takes to provide great customer service?
IT Help Central is taking applications for Service Desk, Desktop, and Residence Hall Student Assistant positions.
Today’s businesses are looking for new college graduates who are proficient with computers and who are able to work with people. IT Help Central provides excellent opportunities for growth in both of these areas.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Great opportunities for resume building.
- Established promotion paths.
- Experiences that you will learn and keep for a lifetime.
- All student employees must be able to follow standard procedures when assisting customers and document tasks performed for tracking purposes.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- All majors are welcome to apply, and adequate paid training is provided.
How to Apply
To apply, please point your browser to http://jobs.texastech.edu. To view IT Help Central applications, please click on SEARCH POSTINGS on the left menu bar and search for the job requisition numbers.
If you are interested, please click on VIEW, make sure you meet the requirements, and then click on APPLY FOR THIS POSTING. If you have not already done so you will need create a new user by clicking on the FILL OUT A NEW APPLICATION link.
All positions are security sensitive and may require a drug and alcohol test.
- Serve as frontline technical support for faculty, staff, and students. Position requires working with customers through phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Provide support for a wide range of issues, including hardware, software, network troubleshooting, and account management.
- Position requires strong customer service skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to work with a diverse range of customers.
- Hours of operation are located online at http://www.ithelpcentral.ttu.edu/hours.
Desktop and Classroom Technology Support
- Scheduling involves business hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Positions require computer experience regarding hardware and software support for Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- This position will provide assistance regarding computer setups, system maintenance, backup procedures, hardware installations, software installations, and any other duties assigned by the supervisor. This position will also be responsible for answering phones. Prior experience will be a leading factor in consideration for this position.
Residence Hall Support
- IT Help Central also provides on-site support to student residents to assist with their computing needs, including internet connection setup, virus removal and overall system troubleshooting.
- This job requires hands-on experience with computers, customer service skills, and a customer-first mindset.
- Prior experience and training will be a factor in consideration for these positions.