Texas Tech High School Raiderland Chapter
of the National Honor Society
About the National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Texas Tech High School Raiderland Chapter of the NHS
Texas Tech High School will have its inaugural NHS class this year (2018-19). Eligible students are now being invited to complete candidate information packets.
Texas Tech High School Raiderland Chapter of the NHS Selection Process
- Eligible students are identified. Eligible students must:
- Be members of the sophomore, junior, or senior class.
- Have completed at least four courses at TTU K-12 and remain in full-time status.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintain adequate progress to stay at, a minimum, their age-appropriate grade level.
- Be exemplary in service, leadership, and character.
Texas Tech High School Raiderland Chapter of the NHS Bylaws
Do you think you meet the criteria?
Submit this form to request a review from our NHS Faculty Council. Submission of this form does not guarantee selection.
“National Honor Society” and “NHS” are duly registered trademarks of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP). Unauthorized copying or use of said trademarks is strictly prohibited.