Contact UsAre you a prospective TTU K-12 parent or student?
Please enter the information below and a representative from TTU K-12 will contact you shortly.
State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness:
- STAAR is the state assessment program for students enrolled in schools who are accredited by the Texas Education Agency.
STARR EOC (End-of-Course) Exams
- Courses requiring a STAAR EOC exam for graduation from Texas Tech High School:
- English I
- English II
- Algebra I
- U.S. History
- Students must meet STAAR requirements for graduation from Texas Tech High School.
- Assessments are based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, the curriculum standards for the state of Texas.
- STAAR EOC exams are three times per year: Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Students in Texas should register online to test "out-of-district" (OOD) about 8-10 weeks prior to EOC test dates. The test site will be chosen from a list of test sites/schools on the registration website. Please contact the TTU K-12 District Testing Coordinator for assistance if there is no test site listed for your area, or to confirm which EOC exams are required.
- Full-time TTU K-12 diploma students should indicate the Home District and Campus as Texas Tech University K-12, and Texas Tech HS, as well as participation in the Texas Tech University K-12 Diploma Program on the registration form, and notify the TTU K-12 District Testing Coordinator of their registration.
- Registration:STAAR Out of District Tests: End of Course Exams Registration
- Contact Information: You may contact the TTU K-12 District Testing Coordinator for more information on STAAR EOC.
STAAR Grades 3-8 Exams
- STAAR 3-8 exams are given each spring semester. It is recommended that students in grades 3–8 take the appropriate STAAR assessment for their grade level.
- Students will receive an email from the TTU K-12 Elementary/Middle School Principal in February with detailed information. The email will include a letter to be presented to your local "District Testing Coordinator" requesting approval to test "out-of-district".
- Check the STAAR Testing Calendar for test dates
- STAAR 3-8 exams are given in Texas public school districts. TTU K-12 Elementary and Middle School students may test "out-of-district" at local public schools if approved by local school district personnel.
- Students must be enrolled in the 2nd semester (B) of STAAR-tested courses for their grade level by January 31 (of current year) to be eligible for spring STAAR exams.
- Students enrolled in Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II, U.S. History are required to take the corresponding STAAR EOC exam.
- Contact Information: You may contact the TTU K-12 Elementary/Middle School Principal or the District Testing Coordinator for more information on STAAR 3-8.
Students Outside of Texas
- Students residing outside of Texas will need to contact the TTU K-12 District Testing Coordinator for information regarding the process for out-of-state testing.
- Students will need to locate a proctor for approval, and submit the required paperwork and fees to TTU K-12 at least 8 weeks prior to the test dates.
Resources and Released Exams
- Texas Education Agency STAAR Resources and Released Exams
Photo ID Required
- ALL Students must present a valid photo ID at the testing location.
- Full-time TTU K-12 students can request a student ID using the Student ID Request/Identity Verification form.
Additional STAAR Information
- CDC County-District-Campus Code Numbers for TTU K-12:
- Texas Tech Elementary School: 152-504-101
- Texas Tech Middle School: 152-504-041
- Texas Tech High School: 152-504-001