Final Examination Schedule
Final Examination Policies
- Examinations will take place in the rooms in which the individual classes have been meeting, unless
a change is announced, or a common final examination is given. A change in the final
examination time or room assignment may only be made with the written approval from
the department chair and dean of the college or school in which the course is taught.
Approvals and justification should be sent to Academic Support and Facilities Resources,
and the request will then be forwarded to the senior vice provost with the recommended
- Common final examinations occur when all sections of the course meet simultaneously. No courses other than
those listed on the Official Publications website may use a common examination time.
Departments approved to administer common final exams are responsible for making arrangement
for those students who have a conflict with a regularly scheduled class exam.
- Instructors of sections taught exclusively online who wish to give a final exam should select a 24 hour period within the final exam
week (excluding Sunday) in which to make the exam available. Up to a 2 ½ hour period
can be used for timed exams.
- Off-time-cycle courses have final exams at the same time as the on-time-cycle course immediately preceding
their class time. For example, a MWF 3:30 pm class will test at the same time as the
MWF 3:00 pm classes. For more information regarding standard university time-start
and time-stop cycles, refer to OP 61.23.
- Students should check the Final Examination Schedule prior to registration in order to avoid an inconvenient overload during final exams. There is no university
policy that provides relief to student who have three examinations scheduled the same
day. In that situation, students may seek the assistance of the course instructors,
department chair, and/or dean of the college.
- In accordance with OP 34.10, class-related activities, with the exception of office hours, are prohibited on
designated individual study days and during the final examination period. These dates are set aside for students to prepare for and take scheduled final examinations.
During this period, review sessions are not to be scheduled, quizzes are not to be
given, and no other class-related activities can be scheduled.
- No substantial examinations, other than bona fide makeup examinations, may be given
during the last week of classes or during the individual study day. Courses in which lab examinations and design studio reviews are normally scheduled
the week prior to finals are excluded from this policy.
- No extracurricular activities of any kind may be scheduled in academic space within
the individual study day and the final examination period without written permission of the Office of the Provost.
For additional information regarding final examination policies, refer to OP 34.10.
Contact Academic Support and Facilities Resources at 806.742.3658 with questions, comments, or concerns regarding the final exam schedule.