Dr. Hongchao Liu
Dr. Hongchao Liu is a professor at the Department of Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering of Texas Tech University. Prior to joining Texas Tech University in 2004, he spent three years working as a postdoctoral researcher at the Institute of Transportation Studies at University of California, Berkeley.
His research interests are within traffic operation and control, intelligent transportation systems, traffic flow theory, and traffic simulation. Through his career, Dr. Liu has developed many projects that were funded by local and federal transportation agencies for a total award of 3.0 million dollars.
Dayong Wu is a senior research associate in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering at Texas Tech University. Dr. Wu has worked as a civil engineer-in-training (EIT) and transportation researcher for more than eight years with solid experience in projects GIS-based transportation software development, traffic impact analysis, safety educational program, and traffic design and operation. Dr. Wu has published more than 20 journal papers and conference proceedings. The academic and industrial experience has prepared him ideally as a full-time researcher in the TTL. Dr. Wu are also start teaching transportation classes from Fall 2017.
Junxuan Zhao is a Ph.D. student at Texas Tech University. She received her MS in Electrical Engineering from Colorado State University in 2015 and received BE in Electrical Engineering and Automation from Anhui Agricultural University, China in 2013. Her research interests include GIS in Transportation, connected-vehicle applications with roadside LIDAR sensors, and GNSS software receiver algorithms.
Armando Maldonado is a second year Ph.D. student, graduated in June 2016 from the Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico obtaining his degree of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.). He is a former student of Texas Tech University and working as a Research Assistant in the Multidisciplinary Research in Transportation Laboratory. Had work with Machine Learning to predict long-term travel times. The aforementioned introduce himself to research ITS application (e.g. Travel Time Reliability).
Ariel Castillo is a Master student at Texas Tech University. His researh fields include traffic evalucation and simulation.
- Bo Pang, Ph.D, 2017; Now at HR Green Inc., Des Moines, Iowa
- Xiaodong Zang, Visiting scholar, 2017; Now employed as professor at Guangzhou Unversity
- Hao Zhang, Visiting student, 2017; Now as Ph.D student at China Unversity of Geosciences, Wuhan
- Dayong Wu, Ph.D, 2016, Now as Research Associate at Texas Tech Univeristy
- Dexin Yu, Visiting scholar, 2016; Now employed as professor at Jilin Unversity
- Wesley J. Kumfer, Ph.D., 2015, Now as Researcher at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Daniel Eshue, Bachelor, 2015, Now at CH2MHill
- Julio Alvarez Hernandez, Master, 2015, Now at Transport for London
- Dali Wei, Ph.D, 2014, Now at Groupon
- Chad Ostrander, Master, 2014; Now at Brown and Gay, Dallas, Texas
- Changwei Yuan, Visiting scholar, 2013; Now employed as professor at Chang'an Unversity
- Hao Xu, Ph.D, 2011; Post-Doc, 2013; Now employed as assistant professor at University of Nevada, Reno
- Jared Squyres, Master, 2012; Now at Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Meron Shiferaw, Master, 2012; Now at Savant Group, Inc., Midland, Texas
- Henok Tezera, Master, 2011; Now at Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Huaxin Gong, Ph.D, 2010; Now as a private investor
- Rhett Dollins, Master, 2010; Now as a project manager at Pogue Engineering & Development Company, Inc.
- Sai Bhargavi Chintaluri, Master, 2009
- Trey Dawson, Master, 2009
- Taylor Perrine, Master, 2009
- David Bragg, Master, 2009
- Godse Adinath, Master, 2008
- Evuri Pavan Reddy, Master, 2008
- Shuaiyu Chen, Ph.D, 2007, Now at Walter P. Moore and Associates, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Jie (Jack) Zhang, Master, 2007; Now: KBR Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Debakanta Mishra, Master, 2006; Now: PhD program, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jenna Mccracken, Master, 2006
- Jennifer Ward, Master, 2006
- Joseph Joo, Master, 2006
AddressDepartment of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Texas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409