- PIs - Extensions to protocols with expiration deadlines during the summer months may be requested early. Please contact the HRPP for further information.
- IRB Meeting - May - Cancelled
- IRB Meeting - June
3 p.m. June 25
Full Board Proposals: Due June 4
- NOTICE: Beginning May 1, 2013, the 2 week submission period for full board reviews has been extended to 3 weeks. See Calendar for updates.
- NOTICE: The HRPP office (Administration Bldg. Rm 357) will be closed on Wednesdays as a scheduled work day. Proposals submitted on Wednesdays should be sent through TTU mail.
The name of the office coordinating with the Texas Tech University Institutional Review Board (IRB) has changed to the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). The IRB’s mission to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects participating in research at Texas Tech will not change. The new name will better reflect services provided by the office that do not involve the IRB. This website continues to offer step-by-step instructions for submitting human subjects research proposals, forms for proposal packets, and policies and procedures. You also will find training information, information on federal regulations as well as other resources.
Consent Form Readability Level:
A general rule of thumb used by federal regulators is that consent forms aimed at the general public should be written at a 7th grade reading level. Adjustments up or down from that standard can be made depending on the target population of subjects. Short sentences and the use of smaller words help to achieve lower reading levels. The Flesch-Kincaid grade level estimate is available in Microsoft Word. It may be helpful but is only an aid for writing at the appropriate level. Common sense is sometimes a better guide. More >>
Human Research Protection Program
Administration Building, Room 357
Box 41075 | MS 1075
Lubbock, TX 79409-1075
(806) 742-2064 ofc | (806) 742-3947 fax