News & Events
SmartEvals Course Evaluation System
by Justin R Louder, Ed.D., Associate Vice Provost
Texas Tech University will be instituting a new electronic course evaluation system in accordance with accessibility compliance standards and to help ensure more timely feedback to faculty. SmartEvals has been tested in a significant number of courses and in most colleges. We plan to implement the new service campus-wide for Fall 2017 evaluations.
SmartEvals key benefits:
- Evaluation questions will remain the same as on the current evaluation.
- The new system can reduce the amount of class time needed to administer evaluations.
- Provides a more environmentally-friendly method, eliminating the need for paper evaluation forms.
- Faculty will receive feedback faster.
- Electronic format provides a familiar, simple format for student convenience, and our pilot data to date indicates no significant drop in response rate, compared to paper evaluations.
- Provides more flexibility to students completing evaluations.
eLearning & Academic Partnerships
AddressTexas Tech Plaza | 1901 University Avenue, Suite 513 | Lubbock, Texas 79410-5095 || Mailing: Box 45095 | Lubbock, TX 79409-5095
PhoneOffice (806) 742-7227 || Student Support (806) 853-5153 or toll-free (844) 897-0537