Awards & Honors
We want to recognize the accomplishments of our members.
- Yujiao Zu, Ph.D.
- Awarded a $285,038 USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture seed grant to investigate
novel prebiotic nanoparticles to enhance tart cherry anthocyanin bioavailability and
improve gut health in the diet-induced obesity, 2023.
Learn more: https://bit.ly/3OZe1hB
- Awarded a $285,038 USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture seed grant to investigate novel prebiotic nanoparticles to enhance tart cherry anthocyanin bioavailability and improve gut health in the diet-induced obesity, 2023.
- Naïma Moustaïd-Moussa, Ph.D.
- Selected to join as the new vice president-elect for the American Society for Nutrition (ASN) Board of Directors, 2023. Read more: https://bit.ly/3qEOFf6
- Amanda M.V. Brown, Ph.D.
- Outstanding Woman Leader (O.W.L.) Award from the West Texas Association for Women in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, Math), 2019
- Andrew Shin, Ph.D.
- Dr. Andrew Shin is awarded with R21 grant from the National Institute of Aging (NIA), NIH. Title: Branched-chain amino acids as a novel biomarker and treatment for Alheimer's disease. $415,355, 9/1/2020 - 8/31/2022
- Ritchel Bueno Gannaban
- (Ph.D. Student) is the recipient of Distinguished Graduate Student Assistantship (DSGA).
- Breanna Harris, Ph.D.
- President's Excellence in Teachcing Award, Recipient, Texas Tech University, 2020.
- Duke Appiah, Ph.D., MPH
- Trudy Bush Fellowahip for Cardiovascular Disease Research in Women's Health, American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology and Prevention, March 2020
- Elizabeth Trejos-Castillo, Ph.D.
- Wolfe International Scholars Award from the College of Human Sciences, 2020
- Gurvinder Kaur
- Dean's Basic Science Teaching Award - Year 1, 2020
- President's Team Teaching Award, FMAT1 course, 2019
- The CH foundation Grant Awarded Title "Investing Sertoli cell immune regulation to improve islet survival as treatment for diabetes" for $60,000, January 2021-December 2021.
- Jason Van Allen, Ph.D.
- "Effectiveness of a Childcare Hands-On Gardening Component for Preventing Preschool Obesity in Different Climatic Zones and Demographic Areas Sponsor: United States Department of Agriculture/National Institute of Food and Agriculture" Investigators: Muntazar Monsur, Ph.D. (PI), Jason Van Allen, Ph.D. (Co-I), Charles Klein, Ph.D. (Co-I), and Nilda Cosco, Ph.D. (Co-I). Total Costs: $272,149
- College of Arts & Sciences Excellence in Research Award, Texas Tech University, 2019
- Kembra Albracht-Schulte, Ph.D.
- USDA NIFA Postdoctoral Grant Recipient, 2020
- Mary Murimi
- President's Excellence in Diversity & Equity Award, 2020
- Naima Moustaid-Moussa, Ph.D., FTOS, FAHA
- Elected to the ASN Board of Directors as Director At-Large representing the Nutrition Mechanisms Area, 2020-2022
- Korean Nutrition Society Award sponsored by the American Society for Nutrition, 2020
- Tariful Islam
- Finalist of the Three-Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition, Texas Tech University, 2019
- Emerging Leader in Nutrition Science Competition at Nutrition Conference in Baltimore, 2019
- Finalist of the Dietary Bioactive Components Poster Competition at the Nutrition Conference, 2019