Undergraduate Travel Funding
CALUE is no longer accepting travel funding requests for the 2015-2016 year. Please check back frequently for updates.
CALUE provides travel funding to assist undergraduate students offset costs associated with presenting at a professional conference. To be eligible to receive funding, students must be presenting scholarship at a professional conference in either a poster, paper, or oral presentation format. Funding is limited and early submission is advised. Once funding is depleted for the fiscal year, no further travel funding requests will be considered or awarded .
Submission of the travel funding request form does not guarantee funding. Students will receive notification after the travel funding request is received and reviewed. Funding is allocated according to Texas Tech University and State of Texas travel regulations. Final approval of all committed funds will be left to the discretion of CALUE.
Students receiving funding will be required to meet with CALUE staff prior to travel,to fill out necessary paperwork, and upon their return, to complete the reimbursement process.
Prior to completing the conference travel funding form, please review the full list of restrictions, requirements, and follow-up responsibilities to ensure you able to fulfill all stipulations of the funding process. Incomplete travel applications or applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Travel Funding Request Form (Form currently closed)
*Upon completion of the online travel form, a letter of support should be provided by your current faculty mentor and should include the undergraduate scholar's name, title of project, and why the scholar should be considered for travel funding.
The faculty mentor listed on the funding request should submit their letter of support via email to email@example.com
- Undergraduate researchers may submit requests for travel funding up to a maximum of $1000.
- CALUE travel funding may be used for ONLY the following in any combination: conference registration fees, airfare (fuel expenses if driving), and lodging.
- CALUE cannot fund travel requests outside of the United States.
- If a student travels without prior approval by CALUE, the student will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- CALUE will not reimburse for conference registration fees after the fact. If approved, CALUE will pay the registration fee with a departmental credit card.
- Cash advances will not be provided. Students will receive a reimbursement after travel.
- Undergraduate student travel funding requests are limited to one per student per academic year, based on funding availability at the time of application submission.
- Travel funding is limited for group presentations and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. One application should be submitted for group travel.
- Student must be a currently enrolled full-time undergraduate at TTU and in good standing during the semester of travel.
- Students must be presenting scholarly work at the professional conference (either paper, poster, or oral presentation format) for which funding is requested.
- Funded applicants must present their scholarly work during the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference March 29 - 30, 2016.
- Completed applications must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to expected travel
- Upon completion of the online travel form, a letter of support must be provided by the student's current faculty mentor. Letters should include the undergraduate scholar's name, title of project, and why the scholar should be considered for travel funding.
- Students must meet with CALUE staff and complete the TTU Activity Release Form and Photo/Testimonial Release Form.
Responsibilities After Travel
Students approved for travel funding must:
- Submit original receipts and supporting documents to CALUE within 5 business days after returning from the trip.
- Submit a thank you letter to CALUE for travel funding.
- Provide a photo of their presentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Present scholarly work at the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference March 29 - 30, 2016.
Thank you for your effort in streamlining the travel funding request process. Please contact CALUE if you have any other questions: