Undergraduate Travel Funding
Thank you for your interest in conference travel funding provided by the TTU Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement (CALUE). The Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement (CALUE) at Texas Tech University has developed conference travel funding to assist with the cost associated with presenting at a professional conference. The Center is excited that you are considering attending a professional conference to present your scholarly work.
To be eligible to receive funding, students must be presenting scholarship at a professional conference in either a poster, paper, or oral presentation format. Funding will be allocated according to Texas Tech University and State of Texas travel regulations and is limited. Funding requests may be submitted from $50, up to a maximum of $1000. Travel awards may be used for the following in any combination: conference registration fees, lodging, and airfare. Requests may be submitted between fall - spring, early submission is advised.
Submission of the travel funding request form does not guarantee funding. Students will receive notification after the travel-funding request is received and reviewed. Final approval of all committed funds will be left to the discretion of CALUE. Students will be required to meet with a CALUE staff member upon returning to complete the reimbursement process. Once funding is depleted, no further travel grants will be considered or awarded for the fiscal year.
Prior to completing the form below, review the full list of restrictions, requirements, and follow-up responsibilities below to ensure you able to fulfill all portions of the CALUE Undergraduate travel funding process. Incomplete travel applications or applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
You can find the form here:
***Upon completion of the online travel form, a letter of support should be provided by your current faculty mentor and should include the undergraduate scholar's name, title of project, and why the scholar should be considered for travel funding.***
Return Faculty Mentor Letters of Support via:
Hand Deliver: Administration Building, Room 233
Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement
PO Box 41010
Lubbock, TX 79409
1) CALUE cannot fund travel requests outside of the United States.
2) If a student travels without prior approval by CALUE, the student will not be eligible for reimbursement.
3) Cash advances will not be provided. Students will receive a reimbursement after travel.
4) Undergraduate student travel funding requests are limited to one per student per academic year, based on funding availability at time of application submission.
5) Travel funding is limited for group presentations and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. One application should be submitted for group travel.
6) CALUE cannot reimburse for conference registration fees after the fact. If approved, CALUE will pay the registration fee with the departmental credit card.
1) Undergraduate student currently enrolled full-time at Texas Tech University and in good standing during the semester of travel
2) Presenting scholarly work at a professional conference (either paper, poster, or oral presentation format)
3) Funded applicants agree to present their scholarly work during the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference March 31 - April 2, 2015
4) Completed applications must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to expected travel
5) Complete the TTU Activity Release Form and Photo/Testimonial Release Form
Responsibilities After Travel
Students approved for travel funding must:
1) Submit original receipts and supporting documents to CALUE within 5 business days after returning from the trip
2) Submit a thank you letter to CALUE for travel funding
3) Email a copy of their poster/paper in a PDF to: email@example.com
4) Provide a photo (JPG only) of their presentation (1-2)
5) Present scholarly work at the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference March 31 - April 2, 2015 - date of presentation TBD.
Thank you for your effort in streamlining the travel funding request process. Please contact CALUE if you have any other questions:
The Center for Active Learning and Undergraduate Engagement
Administration Building, Room 233
Box 41010 Lubbock, Texas 79409-1010