Superintendent Professional Certification Preparation Program
Texas Tech University's Superintendent Professional Certification Preparation Program is designed for working teachers and principals interested in pursuing careers as school district Superintendents in Texas.
- 15 credit hours
- Coursework is completed using a variety of instructional methods. Program coursework is delivered online using various synchronous technologies.
- Cohort students follow a predetermined schedule of courses. Course rotation varies by cohort. New cohorts begin in the first summer session.
- Professional school superintendent certification also requires a satisfactory score on SBEC's TExES examination for school superintendents, a valid Texas teacher certificate, a valid Texas Principal Certificate and two years of teaching experience.
- Semester-based courses align with the Academic Calendar of Texas Tech University.
Talk to Us
Contact the program coordinator by phone.
- Name: Dr. Joe Claudet
- Phone: 806.742.1997
- Apply to Texas Tech University's Graduate School.
- Complete the Graduate Admissions Application.
- Apply to Texas Tech University's College of Education.
- Apply for financial aid and/or general scholarships.
- Financial aid is distributed based on full-time enrollment and several other eligibility requirements. Your enrolled hours as of the 12th day of class in the fall and spring semesters determines your enrollment status for the semester, and financial aid is disbursed accordingly. Attending less than full-time could mean a reduction in aid. Learn more.
- Check your admissions status. Texas Tech University will notify you of your admissions status by updating the Applications tab in your Raiderlink.
|EDLD 5380||The School Superintendent and Educational Governance|
|EDLD 5381||School District Resource Management|
|EDLD 5382||The Superintendency, Organizational Politics and Legal Issues|
|EDLD 5306||Seminar in Curriculum and Instruction|
|EDLD 5394||Superintendent Internship in Education|
Learn more about courses and internship requirements.