Recognition and Awards
The Outdoor School strives to engage in professional opportunities as a means for growth.
2008 Organization of Biological Field Stations Human Diversity Award
The Human Diversity Committee promotes and encourages activities, programs and approaches that increase the involvement and engagement of underrepresented groups in field science.
The staff at the Outdoor School has attended the following conferences:
- CAST 2008 - Ft. Worth, TX
- Region One ESC Statewide T-STEM Best Practices Conference 2009 - South Padre Island, TX
- NSTA National Conference 2009 - New Orleans, LA
- Texas Natural Resources/Environmental Literacy Summit, January 25, 2013 in San Antonio, TX.
- Texas Academy of Science Annual Meeting, March 1, 2013 in Kerrville, TX
The Outdoor School has also been recognized in various professional literature.