[Moderate revision– posted 11/18/11]
Operating Policy and Procedure
OP 63.04: Delivery Services
DATE: November 18, 2011
PURPOSE: The purpose of this Operating Policy/Procedure (OP) is to define the moving and delivery services available to university departments from the Central Warehouse.
REVIEW: This OP will be reviewed in June of every fourth year by the Managing Director for Physical Plant with recommended revisions forwarded to the Associate Vice President for Operations, the Assistant Vice President/Comptroller, and the Vice President for Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
1. Central Warehouse provides a small crew from General Services to accommodate campus departments. A fee will be charged for most services.
a. Delivery service is provided for the following:
(1) Merchandise purchased from Central Warehouse;
(2) Merchandise purchased from off-campus locations;
(3) Merchandise taken in or out of the storage facilities.
b. Equipment for graduation is moved to the desired location and set up per administration plans.
c. General Services has folding metal chairs and folding tables for short-term loan for campus functions held on campus facilities. The only fee charged is for delivery of the items.
d. Efforts will be made to provide other services requested by administrative officials as needed.
2. The procedure for requesting the above services is to contact the warehouse supervisor in Central Warehouse who will fill out a Work Order (see attachment) for services requested. The Work Order contains the date, the person or department requesting the services, location and description of work, valid account number and name, and work order number assigned by Central Warehouse. The total labor hours and charges are listed on the Work Order after completion of services. A copy of the Work Order is given to the requesting department. Charges to the department will be billed on an intra-institutional voucher (IV) entry once a month.
04 Audit Services
30 Academic and Student Affairs – General
32 Academic Policies – Faculty
34 Academic Policies – Students
36 Academic Programs
40 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
48 Communication Services
52 Information Technology
60 Environmental Health and Safety
61 Facilities Management
62 Financial and Accounting
63 General Services
64 Graduate Programs (Faculty and Students)
65 Research Accounting
67 Mail Services
68 Communications and Marketing
69 Payroll and Tax Services
70 Human Resources
72 Purchasing, Contracting, and Payables
77 Student Services and Registrar
78 Traffic and Parking