Operating Policy and Procedure
OP 78.04: Contractor Parking
DATE: February 23, 2004
PURPOSE: The purpose of this Operating Policy/Procedure (OP) is to ensure understanding and standardized procedures concerning contractor parking on the Texas Tech campus.
REVIEW: This OP will be reviewed by March 1 every four years by the Managing Director of Traffic & Parking Services with recommendations for revisions forwarded to the Vice President for Operations by April 1. This OP will be reviewed again in 2008.
1. Parking of contractor vehicles will be coordinated among the Office of Traffic & Parking Services, the Texas Tech project manager, and the contractor.
a. The contractor will notify the Texas Tech project manager of the parking needs.
b. The Texas Tech project manager will work with Traffic & Parking Services to accommodate the parking needs of the contractor.
c. All requests for parking passes, including replacements, will be routed through the project manager, not Traffic & Parking.
2. The Texas Tech project manager shall submit parking requests (see attachment) to the Office of Traffic & Parking Services at least seven working days prior to the begin date of each project.
3. The operations manager and/or enforcement supervisor of Traffic & Parking Services will provide parking passes according to the needs outlined in the parking request (see attachment).
4. Contractors and Texas Tech project managers should closely monitor the parking passes that are issued to them. At the present time, there is no charge for these parking passes. A nominal administrative fee may be attached for replacement permits.
5. Name, social security number, and license plate number will be provided for each parking pass requested. There may be specific cases in which Traffic & Parking elects to provide passes to the contractor where this information is not required. In such situations, the contractor, rather than individuals, will be in control of and responsible for the passes.
6. If it is determined that one of these requests is for a Texas Tech student, faculty, and/or staff member, the parking pass may be issued to exclude their class or work schedule.
7. Abuse of a parking pass may result in ticketing and/or towing of the vehicle at the owner's expense. Abuse of a parking pass may also result in revocation of parking privileges for an individual and/or the contractor.
04 Audit Services
30 Academic and Student Affairs – General
32 Academic Policies – Faculty
34 Academic Policies – Students
36 Academic Programs
40 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
48 Communication Services
52 Information Technology
60 Environmental Health and Safety
61 Facilities Management
62 Financial and Accounting
63 General Services
64 Graduate Programs (Faculty and Students)
65 Research Accounting
67 Mail Services
68 Communications and Marketing
69 Payroll and Tax Services
70 Human Resources
72 Purchasing, Contracting, and Payables
77 Student Services and Registrar
78 Traffic and Parking