The Rec Center Parking Lot offers parking spaces designated for Rec Center patrons. Other nearby areas become available at different times on weekday afternoons and weekends. If you have specific parking questions please call (806) 742-PARK.
Rec Center Parking Lot
- If you have any valid Texas Tech University parking permit, you may park without paying the machine.
- If you do not have a valid Texas Tech University parking permit, you must pay an hourly rate.
- A two-hour time limit applies to all vehicles parked in the Rec Center Parking Lot.
- C11 is a part of Commuter West. It shares use with the United Supermarkets Arena, so its availability is subject to athletic events, concerts, and other events taking place at the arena.
- If you have a Commuter West, residence hall (Z), employee (Reserved or Area Reserved), or TTUHSC permit, you may park in this lot at any time.
- If you have a Commuter North, Satellite, ICC, or Raider Park permit, you may park in this lot weekdays after 2:30 p.m. or at any time on the weekend.
- If you do not have any type of Texas Tech University Permit, you may park in C11 weekdays after 5:30 p.m. or at any time on the weekend.
- R18 lots are located across Main Street from the Rec Center.
- R18 is employee parking weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. It becomes open parking outside those hours. Avoid parking in R18 spaces and areas weekdays before 5:30 p.m.
At the Rec Center, we have a parking lot available just for those using the facility. We do share the lot with the United Spirit Arena, so parking can be different on days when it is being used. There is also a large part of the lot designated to students holding Commuter West parking permits. Below, we have divided the lot areas with rules about parking in each area.