Freshman Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholarships are awarded to entering first-time freshman who show exceptional academic ability through superior test scores and class ranking. Annual award amounts pay one-half toward fall and one-half toward spring terms. If you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition. All merit awards are guaranteed for students admitted by April 15th; admission after this date is limited only by availability of these scholarships.
If a student is eligible to receive one Presidential Scholarship from the TTU Presidential Scholarship program, the Presidential offer replaces any other Presidential scholarship offers. Presidential Merit Scholarships apply only to Texas Tech University programs of study. Texas Tech University scholarships do not transfer to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), Texas Tech Costa Rica, or Angelo State University. The opportunity to be considered for TTUHSC scholarships will be available when you apply for admission to a TTUHSC program of study.
In addition to test scores and class rank, to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman, first-year college student (college credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP do not disqualify you).
You must meet the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Maintain cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as outlined on the "Terms and Conditions" tab of MyTech (see below).
- Maintain full time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year (checked in May).
- Keep addresses, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech University Scholarship Office.
- Attend required donor events.
* TTU Costa Rica Students are not eligible for scholarships
Visit the TTU Presidential Merit Scholarship page for more information.
If you take the SAT or ACT again and receive a higher score, or the combination of section scores from two different SAT test dates or ACT test dates would increase your scholarship, it is your responsibility to contact the TTU Scholarship Office to confirm eligibility for a higher scholarship by April 15. The deadline for scholarship upgrades is May 1st prior to fall enrollment.