Freshman Presidential Scholarship
Presidential Scholarships are awarded to entering first-time freshman who show exceptional academic ability through superior test scores and class ranking. Annual award amounts pay one-half toward fall and one-half toward spring terms. If you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition. All merit awards are guaranteed for students admitted by April 15th; admission after this date is limited only by availability of these scholarships.
If a student is eligible to receive one Presidential Scholarship from the TTU Presidential Scholarship program, the Presidential offer replaces any other Presidential scholarship offers. Presidential Scholarships apply only to Texas Tech University programs of study, so if you ultimately plan to attend Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC). Receipt of the Presidential Scholarship only occurs while pursuing a Texas Tech University program of study. The opportunity to be considered for TTUHSC scholarships will be available when you apply for admission to a TTUHSC program of study. Review Requirements
In addition to test scores and class rank, to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman, first-year college student (college credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP do not disqualify you).
You must meet the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Maintain cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as outlined on the "Terms and Conditions" tab of MyTech (see below).
- Maintain full time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 15 hours per semester.
- Keep addresses, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech University Scholarship Office.
- Attend required donor events.
* TTU Costa Rica Students are not eligible for scholarships
If you take the SAT or ACT again and receive a higher score, or the combination of section scores from two different SAT test dates or ACT test dates would increase your scholarship, it is your responsibility to contact the TTU Scholarship Office to confirm eligibility for a higher scholarship by April 15. The deadline for scholarship upgrades is May 1st prior to fall enrollment.
The response deadline for THIS offer is May 1.
To secure this offer online, please follow these steps:
- Log into http://raiderlink.ttu.edu/
- Enter your eRaider
- Click "MyTech" tab
- Click "Student Financial Aid" then "View/Accept Aid Package"
- Select aid year for the appropriate term
- Click "Submit"
- Click "Expected Enrollment" tab, reply to questions and submit the certification (only needed once)
- Click "Accept Award Offer" tab
- Scroll down and select "Accept" from the drop-down menu
- Click on the "Requirement" link for details about your thank you letter requirements
- Click on "Terms and Conditions" tab for award descriptions, messages, and scholarship requirements
Incoming Freshman Scholarships
Earning scholarships for college starts as you enter high school.
National Merit Finalists
At Texas Tech, National Merit Finalists are awarded 100% of original federally approved cost of attendance.
Presidential Scholarships are awarded at various levels to entering first-time freshman who show exceptional academic ability through superior test scores and class ranking.