Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Learning Center?
- The Learning Center is a FREE tutoring service within the Support Operations for Academic Retention (SOAR) department.
Who can use the Learning Center?
- Currently enrolled TTU students who pay the Student Services fee (all undergraduates).
Do I need to make an appointment?
- No! You just show up when the tutor you would like to work with is here!
How long do I have to stay?
- The great thing about the tutoring is that it depends on how long you need us! Whether you have 5 or 15 minutes...1 to 2 hours or more...our tutors are here for as long as you need them during their shifts.
How often can I utilize the Learning Center tutoring?
- As often as you like (daily, weekly, monthly)! It is a resource available to you as a TTU student.
Where are you located?
- We are in the basement of Holden Hall, room 80.
When are you open?
- The Learning Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8am-8pm and 8am-5pm on Fridays. Tutoring begins at 8am Monday through Friday.
What is online tutoring?
- Online tutoring is a way that students can access some help outside of our normal operating hours. It is held ONLY Monday through Thursday from 7:30-10pm. Subjects vary each semester and are designated in the tutoring schedule. There is no online tutoring during Summer Sessions (I, II).
How can I access online tutoring?
- On the main page or here. Online tutoring is ONLY offered during the Fall and Spring terms.
Where can I find the tutoring schedule?
- On the main page or here.
How can I contact the Learning Center?
- You can always call (806) 724-3664 or email Patrick Bohn, Associate Director.