What to expect from your Advisor:
Your Advisor will
- Explain TTAP requirements and will effectively communicate them to you.
- Help you understand the academic process and will help you understand the goals and purpose of higher education.
- Provide resources, referrals, and strategies for using available resources on campus.
- Provide an open, safe, and confidential environment where you can share your thoughts, aspirations, concerns, and interests.
- Assist you in decision making and provide you with the skills to assume responsibility of your own academic success.
- Provide advice on how to communicate and work with university faculty and staff.
- Maintain accurate record of attendance and will monitor course grades.
- Provide skills and knowledge necessary for transfer into the university.
- Be accessible to you during office hours, by telephone, or e-mail.
What your Advisor expects from you:
- Arrive on time for all appointments. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment please e-mail or phone your advisor immediately to reschedule.
- Come to advising meetings prepared with questions and follow through on suggested actions or referrals from previous meetings. Be prepared to discuss your actions during your advising appointments.
- Have an open mind.
- Take responsibility for your own decisions and actions.
- Keep a record of your attendance as well as grades.
- Participate with your advisor to develop a personal academic plan and formulate goals for the future.
- Understand and follow TTAP policies and procedures and follow TTAP requirements.
- Maintain and courteous and professional relationship with your advisor.
- Keep in regular contact with your advisor via e-mail, phone, or regularly scheduled appointments.
- Actively check and read your Texas Tech e-mail. Your advisor will only use your TTU e-mail address.
- Establish communication with each of your instructors.
By the end of your semester in TTAP you will be able to:
- Converse with academic faculty and staff
- Calculate your GPA
- Utilize available campus resources
- Take ownership of your own academic choices
- Access and use Raiderlink
- Understand the connection between your academic performance and your desired major requirements. This will ensure your academic grades qualify you for your intended major.