The Accident - Jan. 7, 2010
A Jan. 7, 2010 accident in a laboratory in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry left a graduate student seriously injured. The student was working with energetic materials in greater quantities than was prudent. He also was working outside of a hood and without a blast shield and personal protective wear.
Image of Chemistry 218 Laboratory, courtesy www.csb.gov. Click image to enlarge.
- Statement Concerning Oct. 27 Laboratory Accident – Oct. 28, 2011
- Memo to TTU Community regarding CSB findings – Oct. 19, 2011
- News Release - Texas Tech University Response to Accident Investigation Report – Oct. 19, 2011
- Update on the Oct. 14, 2011, Laboratory Accident in the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department at Texas Tech University – Oct. 19, 2011
- Investigation Report, Chemistry 218 Explosion – April 9, 2010
- February 2010 Memo – Feb. 9, 2010
- Texas Tech University Police Report – Jan. 7, 2010
- Chemistry Building Accident News Release – Jan. 7, 2010
- Student's Lab Notebook
Vice President for Research
Office of the Vice President for Research