Animal Care and Use Committee
Animal research may never never look as exciting to the public as a college football game. However, everyone involved within this field of endeavor (from committee members to the animal care technicians and the investigators), are caring individuals that share, at their core, a deeply respectful and humane regard for the animals in their charge. Additionally, we should always be aware that it is through the work of dedicated individuals in animal research (past, present and future), that we can all look to the future as Fearless Champions.
Welcome to the Animal Care and Use Committee Web site at Texas Tech University. The committee is dedicated to providing resources for all faculty, staff, and students involved with animal research at Texas Tech. We would like to help make the submission and reporting processes as applicable as possible for our investigators.
Next Meeting: February 14th, 2017
Submission Deadline For Consideration/Approval During the meeting is 5:00 PM February 7th, 2017
Noteworthy Animal Use news:
- TTU Researcher collaborating world wide to save bats. More here.
- TTU Animal Care Program Receives AAALAC Accreditation during their tri-anual site visit. More here.
- Animal Care Services Participates in TTU Arbor Day Activities
- Good news! Christmas should go off without a hitch this year, thanks to Dedicated Veterinarians just like the ones you know. Even Santa knows the value of consulting with his veterinarian to ensure that his project goes off without any problems that could be prevented. Check out this video of Santa's Reindeer receiving the pre-flight inspection.
AVMA president Joe Kinnarney, DVM, performs pre-flight exams to ensure the health
of Santa's reindeer.
Photo by AVMA
- Several members of our ACS Department attended the National AALAS meeting November 1-6, 2015 to keep up with the most up-to-date information about lab animal research, care, regulations and products available for lab animal research. They also showed that they, like all of our animal care staff, work hard to be Animal Heroes!!!
- TTRC Studies Effect of Hippotherapy For Children With Disabilities
- So what does it mean to be an AAALAC Accredited Institution like Texas Tech University? Check out this video to see why we have been proud Members for over 13 years!!
- Researchers Study Quail Parasite Infections
- Biologist Leads Group That Mapped Crocodilian Genomes
- Unmasking the Masked Rider.
Game day is a long day for the Mascot and his rider.
- Saving Lives in Africa.
Texas Tech Professors help Malawian village combat iron deficiency with a sustainable goat production program.
- PI and Unit Manager Disaster Preparedness Training
Available on the training page or follow this link to the video
- Biology Department Says Goodbye to an Ambassador
- Texas Tech Therapeutic Riding Center recognized in the Lubbock
|Todd Anderson - TIEHH|
|Brad Dabbert - Natural Resources Management|
|Harvinder Gill - Chemical Engineering|
|Paul Soto - Education|
|Bradley Johnson - Animal & Food Science|
|Peter Keyel - Biology|
|Reynaldo Patino - TTU COOP|
|Robin Verble - Natural Resources Management|
|Mark Wallace - Natural Resources Management|
|Chuck West - Plant and Soil Science|