Animal Care and Use Committee
Animal research may never never look as exciting to the public as a college football game. However, everyone involved within this field of endeavor (from committee members to the animal care technicians and the investigators), are caring individuals that share, at their core, a deeply respectful and humane regard for the animals in their charge. Additionally, we should always be aware that it is through the work of dedicated individuals in animal research (past, present and future), that we can all look to the future as Fearless Champions.
Welcome to the Animal Care and Use Committee Web site at Texas Tech University. The committee is dedicated to providing resources for all faculty, staff, and students involved with animal research at Texas Tech. We would like to help make the submission and reporting processes as applicable as possible for our investigators.
Next Meeting: May 14th, 2018
Submission Deadline For Consideration/Approval During the meeting is 5:00 PM May 7th, 2017
Noteworthy Animal Use News:
- TTU Animal Technician presenting at the Texas Branch of the American Association of Lab Animal Science meeting, with signage developed at Texas Tech that can be beneficial to other institutions.
- New Shade System at Texas Tech Beef Center keeps cattle comfortable and healthy
- Texas Tech Animal Care Technicians are always striving to bring the best possible care to the research and teaching animals that are under their daily charge. All of our technicians are striving to improve that through certifications and continuing to learn the latest and best practices. One of our unsung hero's was recently recognized in the Texas Branch of the American Association of Lab Animal Science newsletter. Please take the time to learn a little more about her TBAALAS April 2017
- Animal Care Services Participates in TTU Arbor Day Activities
- Striving for excellence is what it means to be a Red Raider, and finding ways to help our fellow man is always worth recognition. So we salute Dr. Harvinder Gill and his recent inclusion in Texas Monthly Magazine.
- TTU Researcher collaborating world wide to save bats. More here.
- TTU Animal Care Program Receives AAALAC Accreditation during their tri-anual site visit. More here.
- TTRC Studies Effect of Hippotherapy For Children With Disabilities
- So what does it mean to be an AAALAC Accredited Institution like Texas Tech University? Check out this video to see why we have been proud Members for nearly 2 decades!!
- Researchers Study Quail Parasite Infections
- Biologist Leads Group That Mapped Crocodilian Genomes
- PI and Unit Manager Disaster Preparedness Training
Available on the training page or follow this link to the video
- Biology Department Says Goodbye to an Ambassador
- Texas Tech Therapeutic Riding Center recognized in the Lubbock
Todd Anderson - TIEHH
Brad Dabbert - Natural Resources Management
James Carr - Biology
Harvinder Gill - Chemical Engineering
Paul Soto - Education
Bradley Johnson - Animal & Food Science
Peter Keyel - Biology
Reynaldo Patino - TTU COOP
Robin Verble - Natural Resources Management
Mark Wallace - Natural Resources Management
Chuck West - Plant and Soil Science